Alternate Locations: Boston, MA (Massachusetts); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania); Work from Home (Excluding Colorado)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Lincoln is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to drive the development and implementation of analytical solutions within Lincoln’s Life Solutions. In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly support innovation in Life Solutions and partner with actuarial, IT, and fellow Data Scientists to tackle challenging initiatives aimed at revolutionizing insurance. You will leverage data science and business expertise to develop predictive models that will arm our stakeholders with best in-class tools to gain a competitive advantage!
This position requires candidates with experience in data preparation and analysis, statistical methods and tools, and knowledge of insurance products.
- Work extensively with key stakeholders across Life Solutions to understand business needs, vet opportunities, and deliver analytically-based solutions and tools to drive business results.
- Provide expertise and collaborate with stakeholders to define data collection and analysis requirements and establish adequate business understanding to provide effective analysis.
- Identify, compile, and mine data from a wide variety of data repositories using SQL, Python, Dataiku, DataRobot, and Tableau. Validate data accuracy and confirm data quality.
- Complete end to end modeling, specifically building processes including data collecting and cleaning, feature extraction and reduction, missing value handling, robust predictive modeling measurement and methodologies, model deployment, and model maintenance.
- Design and execute analytic plans. Generate insights and inform business decisions using advanced analytical techniques.
- Translate quantitative analyses and findings into accessible visuals for non-technical audiences, clearly interpret the data and effectively communicate findings and insights to senior executives, managers, and key stakeholders.
This position can be Full-Time Work from Home - position location needs to be on the East Coast for business purposes.
- Minimum 3 - 5+ years of related experience, preferably modeling in insurance or health fields.
- 4 Year Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Information Systems required.
- MS or PhD degree in Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Information Systems preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance principles is a plus.
- Broad understanding of core statistical and ML techniques with prior experience analyzing data and building models in a statistical programming language (Python preferred).
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies and adapt to changes and demands in fast-paced, dynamic environment, including drawing conclusions and making decision from imperfect and disparate datasets.
- Strong analytical, strategic, project management, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Curiosity and demonstrated capability to quickly learn new concepts.
- Flexibility and rapid adaption to the changing business environment and priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Nearest Major Market: Boston