Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Travelers is seeking an ETL Developer to join our Business Insurance Data & Analytics organization as we grow and transform our Technology landscape. As a Data Engineer, you will play a key role in growing and transforming our analytics landscape. In addition to your strong analytical mind, you will bring your inquisitive attitude and ability to translate the stories found in data. You will leverage your ability to design, build and deploy data solutions that capture, explore, transform, and utilize data to support Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and business intelligence/insights.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and operationalize complex data solutions, correct problems, apply transformations, and recommend data cleansing/quality solutions.
- Design data solutions.
- Analyze sources to determine value and recommend data to include in analytical processes.
- Incorporate core data management competencies including data governance, data security and data quality.
- Collaborate within and across teams to support delivery and educate end users on data products/analytic environment.
- Perform data and system analysis, assessment and resolution for defects and incidents of moderate complexity and correct as appropriate.
- Test data movement, transformation code, and data components.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training with data tools, techniques, and manipulation.
- Four years of data engineering or equivalent experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM related field or equivalent
- Experience developing ETL solutions with any one or more tools such as Ab Initio and/or Talend.
- Experience developing dashboards and reports with any one or more tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Cognos, Qlik and/or MicroStrategy is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile environment is preferred.
- Experience with AWS, Snowflake, and/or Databricks is a plus.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- The ability to deliver work at a steady, predictable pace to achieve commitments, decompose work assignments into small batch releases, and contribute to tradeoff and negotiation discussions.
- Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including the ability to understand technical concepts and possess in-depth knowledge of immediate systems worked on.
- Proven problem solving skills including debugging skills, allowing you to determine source of issues in unfamiliar code or systems and the ability to recognize and solve repetitive problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with team members and business partners.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.