is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 420+ stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $34 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B
has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B
offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 145,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.Responsibilities
Since H-E-B Digital Technology's inception, we've been investing heavily in our customers' digital experience, reinventing how they find inspiration from food, how they make food decisions, and how they ultimately get food into their homes. This is an exciting time to join H-E-B Digital--we're using the best available technologies to deliver modern, engaging, reliable, and scalable experiences to meet the needs of our growing audience. If you enjoy taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, we want you as part of our team.
Our Partners thrive The H-E-B Way. In the Data Engineer II, DevX
job, that means you have a...
HEART FOR PEOPLE... you're willing to provide support to junior developers
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... you have the skills to effectively deliver code solutions / features
PASSION FOR RESULTS... you can produce quality results with little direct supervisionWhat you will do:
Project you will impact:
- Assist in developing solutions to build and continuously improve monitoring and observability for data pipelines and data platform
- Build data platform components using hybrid cloud services (AWS, GCP, and Azure)
- Implement features to improve data platform performance and security continuously
- Build Real-time data streaming tools and associated experience
- Create self-service tools and experience for all enterprise data engineering teams
Who you are:
- Build a data platform that can handle petabytes of data and help running advanced analytics workloads
- Improve the data quality and consumer experience for 100K+ enterprise data consumer
- 3+ years of experience in Cloud and data pipelines.
- 4+ years of experience in SQL, and exposure in one or more than one of the languages such as Python, Java, or Scala.
- Understanding of Big Data and Hybrid Cloud infrastructure. Knowledge of one or more technologies such as Kafka, Kubernetes, Spark, Databricks, AWS EMR, S3, Data warehouses (Snowflake, Teradata), AWS and GCP Cloud services
- 3+ years of experience in cloud administration and infrastructure as a code (Terraform, Cloud Formation, Ansible, Chef) is a plus
- Experienced in DevOps tools such as GitLab CI/CD, and Jenkins.
- Up to date on the latest technology developments.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Understanding of MLOps and Data Engineering
- Databricks or Spark Certifications
- DevOps Certifications
- Cloud certifications (AWS Preferred)