Faethm is scaling! We're looking for a Sydney-based Data Scientist to join us on this exciting journey!
Do you want to work for an inventive, purpose-driven and civic-minded company? With an ambitious but realisable mission and vision that tackles a very real and globally important issue?
Do you have a growth mindset, high ingenuity and an energetic, hands-on approach? Thrive in an exciting scaleup environment and the ever-changing landscape this presents?
Founded in 2017, Faethm is a global-first augmented analytics platform and fast-growing Sydney based start-up. As the world’s data source for navigating the Fourth Industrial Revolution and the Evolution of Work, Faethm uses AI to model the impact of emerging technologies on any economy, industry, organisation or job. Named by Gartner as 1 of 5 Cool up and coming Vendors in HCM technologies for 2019.
Faethm is helping clients around the world to define technology choices to shape their workforces of the future. It underpins a wide range of national, industry and corporate outcomes that span market, industry and trade strategy; technology investment and deployment; operational transformation, strategic workforce management and L&D; government policy across industry, employment, education, exports, and R&D.
This exciting growth means we're looking for a Data Scientist who is enthusiastic about the Future of Work.
Reporting to Faethm’s Head of Data Science, as a Data Scientist, you’ll be responsible for:
- Utilizing appropriate statistical data analysis, predictive modelling, and simulation methods to develop new indices and predictive tools
- Performing qualitative research, data analysis and visualisation in the areas of workforce training, skills and education
- Implementing complex analytical techniques and experimental methods independently to develop solutions to achieve business outcomes, using computational methods to discover data patterns and to develop classification, prediction and optimisation models
- Researching and understanding client needs for various custom consulting projects
- Model training & development, validation & evaluation, performance monitoring and calibration
- Being able to explain highly technical concepts to non-technical business stakeholders
- End-to-end data science execution including scoping, building, testing, implementation, maintenance, tracking and optimisation of predictive models
To be successful in this role you’ll ideally have:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics or equivalent fields
- Awareness of job ontologies such as O*Net and Esco
- Proven experience pulling and manipulating data from the Australian, US, UK and other government labour data sources
- Proven experience in analysing the skills and the capabilities for a worker and a workforce
- Proven experience in forecasting and predicting future economic scenarios
- A broad understanding of the numerous technologies and methods used by data scientists to deliver production-grade data science outcomes
- Strong foundation in applied machine learning and statistical models such as XgBoost, Bayesian statistics, linear/logistic regression, time series analysis, neural networks, principal component analysis, etc
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with other scientists and analysts in both office-based and remote working environments
- An ability to drive a project and work both independently and in a team
- An ability to build relationships with stakeholders and peers across the organisation
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and research skills
- A strong desire and ability to learn new tools, algorithms and programming languages and demonstrate essential concepts to others
- Experience using Python for data science workflows (such as jupyterlab, pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, xgboost etc)
- An understanding of core AWS components and GitHub and awareness of emerging landscape
Join Faethm, and work with an amazing team of professionals, in an autonomous, agile, yet supportive, flexible and fun environment.
We’re looking forward to discussing the role confidentially with you. Please note, regrettably due to volume of applicants and time constraints, only successful applicants will be contacted.
The salary for this role is between AUD80,000 to 90,000 pending experience.
Faethm is an equal opportunity employer. We find excellence in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.