The Red Hat Canada team is looking for an Application Development and Senior Data Scientist Specialist Solutions Architect to join us in Toronto, Canada. In this role, you will primarily provide presales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products, applications, and solutions with a particular focus on data science and AI or machine learning (ML) solutions. You’ll use your in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to the Red Hat sales associates and customers through sales presentations and product demonstrations. You’ll assist sales associates in evaluating the potential application of Red Hat’s offerings to meet customers’ needs and prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products, applications, or solutions. Your ultimate success will be determined by helping customers reach their desired state. You’ll need to have deep technical expertise, passion for open source, a thorough understanding of business processes, and the ability to identify and create data science and AI or ML business solutions at the enterprise level. As an Application Development and Senior Data Scientist Specialist Solutions Architect, you will specialize in Red Hat’s data science and AI or ML products and offerings, container technologies, architectures, and solutions in public, private, and hybrid cloud environments.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Deliver compelling presentations and live demonstrations of Red Hat's middleware and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Container-as-a-Service (CaaS) solutions
- Take initiative in answering technical portions of requests for proposal (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs)
- Collaborate with the Sales and technical delivery teams to bring our customers the most efficient solutions, which includes implementing models and monitoring outcomes
- Architect, design, and present complex solutions to customers, as well as create user stories and contribute to live demos
- Support the Sales team with recommendations for development and implementation of complex offerings and solutions to achieve sales quotas while sustaining good relationships with existing and prospective customers
- Create and deliver AI or ML demos and healthcare solutions like Red Hat intelligent Data-as-a-Service (iDaaS) or Herophilus
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to guide optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques, and business strategies
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting, and other business outcomes
- Develop company A/B testing frameworks and test model quality
- 5+ years of experience in software development, sales engineering, consulting, IT architecture, or equivalent supporting enterprise accounts
- 5+ years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models; Master’s or PhD in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or another quantitative field is a plus
- Experience with modern application development techniques and trends like DevOps, agile methodologies, microservice architectures, and cloud-native application patterns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques like clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc. and their real-world advantages or drawbacks
- Experience with distributed data and computing tools like Map/Reduce, Apache Hadoop, Apache Hive, Apache Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
About Red Hat:
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.