Not all companies are made equal, and at Next Gear Solutions this adage could not be more true. The team at Next Gear Solutions has reimagined how to dramatically improve a homeowner’s experience after damage to their property. Our holistic platform approach helps stakeholders reach successful outcomes during the property owners’ moment of need, a claim to their home or business, e.g. after a hurricane, hailstorm, or water loss. With Next Gear’s solutions 8,500+ contractors run and grow more profitable businesses, leading of insurance carriers settle claims more accurately and efficiently, and technology providers become a more integrated delivering innovation into the modern claim experience. We offer more than just software: we start with passion for the user and true partnership to understand the feature-rich products needed and back those up with five-star service and support.
Next Gear is proudly committed to equal employment opportunity, diversity, inclusion, and equity- our differences are our strength.
We are seeking an investigative, detail-oriented Data Analyst to join our team, responsible for understanding and operationalizing data delivery by sifting through data and providing reports and visualizations to explain the insights and trends in the data.
This role is full-time and can be worked remotely or in one of our office locations (all offices are currently closed until it's safe to reopen). Benefits include paid health, dental, vision, and life insurance, generous time off policy, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k with match, gym/fitness app membership, and a laid-back and fun work environment.
Critical Job Duties:
- Interpret data, evaluate results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Some working experience as a Data Analyst, Business Data Analyst, or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of/experience in data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of and experience with reporting packages
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for scrutinizing datasets
- Strong investigative skills with the ability to collect, organize, interpret, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics is a plus