LifeLabs is the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada, serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for over 50 years. Our team members are truly centred around our customers, and we know that behind every lab requisition, sample being tested, or investment in technology is an individual and their family counting on us.
Consistently named one of Canada's Best Employers by Forbes, LifeLabs has also been recognized for having an award-winning Mental Health Program from Benefits Canada. The passion and commitment of over 6,000 diverse and innovative team members unites and motivates us to ensure our customers receive high quality tests and results that they can trust. Agile, customer-centred, caring and teamwork: we live these values every day in what we do to support our customers and healthcare providers, driving forward our vision of empowering a healthier you .
Make a difference – join the LifeLabs team today!Reports to:
Director, Data ManagementPurpose of the Role
This role is pivotal to the building and operationalizing of the data necessary for enterprise data and analytics initiatives. The focus of the work will be building, managing, and optimizing data pipelines for key data and analytics consumers. This role also ensures the compliance with data governance and data security requirements while creating, improving, and operationalizing these reusable data pipelines. In this role, you will have familiarity with data modeling and data warehousing. This role requires understanding of effective data management practices and a passion for data and analytics.
This role will collaborate with a variety of stakeholders including business stakeholders, IT experts, and decision science teams. A solid understanding of ETL/ELT processes is also necessary.Core Accountabilities
Minimum Qualification And Skills
- Build, test, and maintain data pipelines with focus in continuous integration and fault tolerant ELT/ETL processes using Azure cloud data management tools, blobs, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics
- Builds processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management
- Create efficient and scalable data models with proper documentation and unit tests to maintain high data quality standards
- Identify, curate, and integrate new structured and unstructured datasets into models
- Implement solutions to bring together application data generated by distributed systems and third-party data needed to make key business decisions
- Work in collaboration with Data Architect for data models from conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Work with various stakeholders within the organization to understand the data requirements for various data and analytics initiatives and the data consumption requirements
- Enable business users through guidance on building reports and dashboards visualizations with a focus on data quality and accuracy
- Collaborate and participate in regular discussion with data consumers and continuously looking for ways to automate existing processes and optimize data quality
- Participate in ensuring compliance and governance during data use
- Work in collaboration with the Data Governance Analyst(s) and data stewards to ensure that policies are adhered to
- Provide information about data lineage and governance from various data sources
- Provide input to Data Governance Analyst(s) for Data Quality monitoring
- Promote available data and analytics capabilities to business leaders with the help of the Data Management team
- Apply design thinking and an agile mindset in working with other engineers, data scientists, business stakeholders and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements
- Degree or diploma in data science, computer science, information systems or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a comparable role; within healthcare industry is an asset
- Working knowledge of Python, SQL, and PySpark is required
- Knowledge of AtaccamaOne
- Experience with any/most of: Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Azure Analysis Services and Azure Data Lake
- Understanding of various data types and associated lifecycles (e.g. master data, reference data, transactional data, etc.)
- Relevant cloud certifications (AWS, Azure, GCP) are a plus
- Has good judgement, a sense of urgency and commitment to learning
- Excellent written/verbal communication, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in critical thinking and problem solving
#LI SW1 #INDEED
At LifeLabs, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
In accordance with LifeLabs’ Accessibility Policy , the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
LifeLabs is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. We have been a leader throughout the COVID-19 pandemic regarding health and safety measures and have always put our employees and customers at the center of every decision that we make. As an organization in the health care sector, we believe the COVID vaccination adds a layer of protection that complements the extensive and necessary health and safety protocols that we have taken to date. With this in mind, we currently require all LifeLabs employees, contractors, students and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
LifeLabs operates under a distributed workforce model, where employee flexibility is a key priority. Further information will be provided during the interview process on what this means for employees.