Position: Sustainability Data Analyst
Reports to: Lead – F4S
Department: Finance for Sustainability (F4S)
Olam is a highly reputable Singapore-Listed food & agriculture business with operations in 60 countries serving over 30,000 global customers. The business pride themselves as a leader in driving sustainability initiatives and as a result, is seeking a talented individual to assume the role of Sustainability Data Analyst.
A new role has opened within the Olam Singapore team for a sustainability impact valuation and green finance analyst. The incumbent will be responsible to implement Multi Capital Accounting methodologies to evaluate the impact and dependencies on Olam’s Non-financial Capitals. Review any new or current external protocols, standards, policies and frameworks related to Non-financial Capitals. The role will be part Olam’s Finance for Sustainability (F4S) team.
- Bachelor / Master’s degree (Finance / accountancy background preferred)
- 3-6 years of total working experience, at least 3 years' experience in sustainability, impact valuation and climate change.
- Prior Big 4 experience is advantageous.
- Aware of relevant sustainability guidelines and frameworks (e.g. GRI, SASB, TCFD, Integrated Reporting)
- Good understanding of financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet)
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and other data analysis tools
- Strong power point presentation and report writing skills
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Strong project ownership, able to contribute innovative approach
- Passion for sustainability and keen to make an impact on ground in Agriculture sector
- PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports to the Lead – Finance for Sustainability (F4S), Singapore.
- Perform Environmental impact valuations using relevant methodologies and guidance (e.g. Natural Capital Protocol, TEEBAgri)
- Perform Social impact valuations using relevant methodologies and guidance (e.g. Social Capital Protocol, SROI)
- Work closely with cross-function teams – Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability, AtSource, Regional Finance, and Operations departments and Business Units to collect, analyse and validate relevant sustainability data.
- Develop and draft the Integrated Impact Statement (IIS) to be published in the Annual Report
- Work on IIS digital tool (Data automation) – to efficiently collate, drive, and track progress of various multi capital accounting projects of the Business Units.
- Activities are focused on alignment and integration of Sustainability & Finance
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive summary of all responsibilities, duties and effort required of employees assigned to this job. At the discretion of management, this description may be changed at any time to address the evolving needs of the organization.
Olam is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants are requested to complete all required steps in the application process including providing a resume/CV in order to be considered for open roles.