UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Medicare and Retirement Government Quality Analytics Team is looking for an experienced data scientist to deliver predictive modeling of CMS quality ratings (stars), comparative effectiveness studies, and strategy recommendations to regional and executive leadership. This senior role in star ratings works primarily on developing, owning, and maintaining predictions for several performance metrics, datasets, tools, models, analyses, and reports including, but not limited to competitive and regional data, member level factor analysis, goal setting, and predictive modeling.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Key accountabilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Monitor historical and current data trends to make recommendations and predictions
- Perform statistically sound modeling and analyses with application to current business needs
- Present data and analysis in a meaningful and easy to understand manner to influence and provide guidance on data driven strategic decisions
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Develop both automated and customized reports
- Provide explanations and information to others and serve as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Interface with non-technical cross functional teams communicating results in a meaningful/actionable way and providing input and guidance based on data and analytics
- Provide transparent, accurate, reliable, and documented monthly predictions for accountable measures
- Develop new predictive models balancing statistical rigor with efficient business application
- Complete ad hoc analyses based on a wide variety of Star Rating data as needed
- Build relationship within and beyond analytics team to make impact
- Clearly communicate findings and recommendations to a range of stakeholders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Applied Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, or related field
- 3+ years of experience with SAS, R, Python, SQL, or preferred programming language
- 2+ years of professional experience with statistical modeling and predictive modeling
- Experience working with large data and extracting insights from information across multiple platforms
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in the Healthcare industry experience
- Experience communicating findings and recommendations to a range of stakeholders
- Reside in Minnesota (MN)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Data Scientist, UHC, UHG, UnitedHealthcare, United Health Group, healthcare, health care, managed care, SAS Modeling, Programming, Parametric, nonparametric, neural network, clustering, social network analysis, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote