Trigyn's direct government client has an immediate need for Data Scientist / Analyst in Manhattan, NY.
The consultant will lead a new data-driven initiative that places data management and data systems as the core strategic initiative for maintaining the federal regulatory and legal reporting compliance. Will serve as the data point person for equal opportunity plan development by developing, monitoring, producing, & disseminating diversity metrics analyses/reports to appropriately inform diversity & equity strategic efforts, opportunities, & diversity planning/programming.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collection, conduct and prepare comprehensive in-depth analysis of statistical data, reports, and summaries related to equal employment opportunity, diversity, and fair housing laws, regulations, and policies.
- Develop overutilization/underutilization workforce reports, dissimilarity indexes, and other extensive disparity analysis and regression test related to EEO, Diversity, and Fair Housing Initiatives. Conduct adverse impact analyses & other statistical analyses for annual EO plans; develop methodology & provide data reports to periodically monitor personnel data for progress toward goals & analyze/identify trends.
- Stay abreast of regulatory, legal & policy updates from OFCCP/EEOC/OCR & other agencies RE EO & diversity data collection/reporting/auditing.
- Serve as subject matter expert on 1) institutional diversity & equity data including resources for retrieving data, description of client’s data elements, & interpretation of statistical analyses & 2) diversity key performance indicators for public housing institutions.
- Prepare detailed written reports and correspondence and manage development and automation of comprehensive quarterly and annual reports on EEO, Fair Housing, and Diversity matters.
- Provide technical assistance to management on equal opportunity issues, fair housing and discrimination data analysis as needed.
- Supply data, analysis and information to develop formal and informal OFCCP/AA/EEO compliance and diversity training workshops for managers, supervisors and departmental staff.
- Supports DEO audits by managing DEO audit data requests; producing diversity and equal opportunity compliance data reports; and coordinating and tracking requests to/from managers, organizational and department units.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
The selected consultant will have a high degree of interaction with Employees, residents, and other external stakeholders. The consultant may be exposed to highly confidential information and will need to be able to preserve that confidence at all times.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Master's degree in Math, Statistics, Research, Organizational Psychology or related major. Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required plus significant experience.
- Requires active listening, critical thinking, good interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task.
- Understanding of organizational rules and regulations.
- Able to provide good judgment and decision-making, problem solving.
- Requires thorough knowledge in data collection and analysis techniques; statistics or social science research techniques; knowledge of organization-specific computer application programs (for example, query tools and relational databases); knowledge of organizational principles and procedures involved in handling sensitive data (for example, Reasonable Accommodation or ADA related information).
- Requires ability to present complex findings and recommendations in a clear concise manner both in writing and verbally.
- Possess advanced level skills required to gather, organize and perform analysis on diverse equal employment opportunity/affirmative action programs and initiatives as well as those to present findings and make recommendations that are significant to a department or unit, verbally and in writing.
- Experience in developing and presenting workshops and training, and in creating training materials.
- Demonstrates advanced level of political and organizational acumen.
- Theoretical knowledge of, and practical experience with, advanced statistics including multiple regression, analysis of variance and statistical significance tests. Demonstrated extensive experience using computerized statistical packages, e.g., SPSS or SAS Demonstrated ability to organize large volumes of data to develop/maintain systems for retrieving and querying information from various sources.
- Extensive experience in extracting data from various sources and maintaining up-to-date information. Research skills, including experience in qualitative and quantitative methodology. Skill in writing concise and logical analytical or narrative reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse body of staff and administrators and strong verbal and written communication skills; including presentation skills.
- The preferred candidate should possess the following: excellent written and oral communication skills, and knowledge and understanding of New York Local, State, and Federal Civil Rights and Fair Housing laws.
Preferred Candidate has:
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action programs and applies it to the completion of diverse equal employment opportunity assignments.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable state and federal laws as they pertain to employment and EEO requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of organizational policies and procedures; knowledge of functional area and understands how work may impact other areas. Experience working in Affirmative Action or Human Relations office or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of affirmative action reporting requirements and statistical methodologies. Demonstrated skill in designing and developing relational databases, analyzing business requirements and implementing technology solutions to support business functions.
- Experience interpreting legal and technical documents to determine institutional compliance.
NEW YORK CITY HOUSING AUTHORITY RESIDENTS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
For Immediate Response call 732-876-7621 or send your resume to RecruiterCS@Trigyn.com
TRIGYN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and has been in business for 30 years. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS) and CMMI Level 5 certified company.