As a Senior Data Scientist, you are a subject-matter expert in the theory behind our pricing & credit models and their implementation as end-to-end products that generate direct business impact. You define the strategy and vision for how to generate outsized impact through automated intelligence for a product by driving a research agenda and development plan from ideation to prototyping to full productionisation.
We're currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist who would become a Lead Data Scientist in a relatively short period of time (~ 6 months up to 1 year). This is a key role for our team.
We invite you to join a team which works across the entire EU region with the different OLX Group platforms. A team that breaks through walls and builds cross-functional connections with everyone around. A team where a common mission and goals matter more than reporting lines. We build on each other, asking for help and support when needed, and we proactively support others.
You'll be responsible for:
- Lead the machine learning development of the core functionalities (pricing, marketing, etc) within the OLX group partnering and working together with local BUs and local data scientists.
- Understanding of the importance of empowering local teams with solutions while maintaining scalability to be used at the global level.
- Translate specific business problems into ML/AI challenges. Build proofs-of-concept to experiment fast with new ideas and demonstrate their potential value to relevant stakeholders.
- Build readable and reusable code, choosing the right technologies, coding methodologies, and approach from carefully designed rapid prototyping to software deployment at scale.
- Continuously evolve your craft by keeping up to date with the latest developments in ML/AI and related technologies, introducing them to the machine learning community, and promoting their application.
- Coach and guide fellow data scientists.
Your skills and experience:
- Relevant education on MSc or Ph.D. (statistics, computer science, economics, or similar).
- Strong background in AWS, S3, AWS Redshift etc.
- Strong coding and analytical skills using Python and SQL.
- Proven Data Science experience in different industries - preferably in marketplaces and tech industries.
- Experience owning projects and managing different stakeholders.
- Confidence in communicating effectively and concisely to a variety of departments and senior members of the team.
- Experience cross-functional product development collaboration regarding machine learning products (e.g. Developers, UX specialists, Product Managers, etc).
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
What we'll give you:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Contributing to the global OLX Group
- A passionate and diverse team of data scientists spanning several tech hubs across the globe
- The opportunity to learn from each other and become better every day
- Company Mobile phone, laptop of your choice: Laptop MacBook Pro, Windows or Linux, Notebook, PC, any tool you might need
- Open selection of e-courses including Udemy, Coursera and specialist AWS training.
What you need to know about us:
- Be part of the Prosus universe - the largest consumer internet company in Europe.
- OLX Group is a global product and tech company with over 20 brands, +7500 people and one mindset.
- OLX is the world's leading classifieds platform in high-growth markets. It's available in more than 40 countries and in over 50 languages.
- Our mission is to make it super easy for people to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100 year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and inspiring change.
If you are as excited as us about this position and our company, we hope you join us! If you'd like to learn more about us take a look around our careers page and the OLX Group website.
Follow us on Linkedin and check our OLX Group Engineering Blog.
We are turning Diversity & Inclusion into our superpower and competitive advantage. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identity or expression, backgrounds and experiences to consider applying for this role.