Having a life-threatening disease, such as cancer, is devastating. It’s like being forced to start a new job with no applicable experience, a job you can’t quit, and in which poor performance might cost you your life.
In 2017, the U.S. alone spent over $80 billion a year researching and treating cancer. Despite new developments and the progress being made:
- Treatment approaches are complex and vary widely
- We don’t really know how treatments perform outside of clinical trials, in the real world
- Patients have a hard time understanding their disease and navigating their care
Outcomes4Me helps patients improve their outcomes while simultaneously accelerating the overall cycle of progress. Our app gives patients the ability to manage every aspect of their treatment and recovery. By partnering with national organizations and premier medical institutions, we’re able to provide verified content and functionality that doctors can recommend and patients can trust.
What you'll find here:
- Purpose: If you gain strength from doing important work, you belong on our team.
- Challenge: We’re improving the lives of people who need us. We have big challenges ahead and the motivation to overcome them.
- Trust: We’re building a culture of independence. That means we’re going to trust and support you in making the right decisions.
- Transparency: You need to see the whole picture if you’re going to make an impact.
- Modernity: We took a vote, and Git narrowly beat out SVN and CVS. Yippee! (j/k)
Outcomes4Me is hiring a Principal Data Engineer to lead our enterprise data architecture initiatives. This role will lead the long-term vision of a key piece of our business infrastructure and the successful candidate should be able to balance a multi-year engineering plan with iterative progress and consistent delivery of intermediate milestones. This role can have the opportunity to manage a dedicated team.
What you'll work on:
- Providing technical and architectural leadership, particularly on our data pipeline and architecture
- Leading, designing, planning, and managing the engineering of our data ingestion and processing pipeline, data warehouse, and data analysis tools
- Collaborating with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders and partners to envision data analysis tools and future products
- Working with engineering product teams to collaborate on the development of products and infrastructure
- Developing and instituting strong data practices across the engineering organization
- Interfacing with a growing data science team
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of hands-on data modeling experience
- 5+ years of designing, implementing, and building pipelines (ETL)
- 5+ years of SQL (Postgres, HANA, Snowflake, Oracle, AWS Redshift, Databricks, Hive etc.) experience is required
- 3+ years in a similar role
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working in enterprise-scale data warehousing, data architecture, and/or data engineering environments.
- Knowledge of data warehousing architectural approaches
- Understands BI tool architecture, functions, features
- Experience in fast-paced agile software development
- Excellent programming skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science
Nice to have:
Experience with AWS is a strong plus
- Experience with Typescript
- Understanding of healthcare security (i.e. HIPAA, HITECH)
- Understanding of healthcare application ecosystem (i.e. Claims Processing, EHR)
- Healthcare industry experience and Epic data experience is preferred
- Experience with Tableau reporting tools a plus
- Data science ability
You're a good fit if you're a:
- Confident leader
- Energetic spirit
- Insightful thinker
- Thoughtful do-gooder
- Caring human
Learn more about us at Outcomes4Me.com.
We are committed to building a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, viewpoints, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better the products we build will be.
Outcomes4Me is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.