The SECU pledge: Be relevant and significant, day in and day out, in the lives of our members, employees and the communities we serve in a highly ethical and fiscally responsible manner.
We are looking for innovative and dynamic professionals with a passion for exceptional service to join our SECU team as a
**This position is remote for candidates living in Maryland or bordering/nearby states**
**Occasional in-person meetings and commitments throughout the year are required**
What You’ll Do.
Design, develop and maintain data structures and pipelines to facilitate the development of reports, visualizations, data sets and analytical models used by analysts, data scientists and other business stakeholders across the organization.
- Play an important role in the continued evolution of SECU’s modern data architecture. By collaborating with other data engineers, data scientists, analysts, technical consultants and other business users, you will ensure that data sets are of high integrity while in proper alignment with business needs.
- Implement proper data governance procedures with a strong focus on data cleanliness to support key decision making throughout the organization.
- Integrate automated data quality assurance mechanisms into orchestrated data pipelines using modern frameworks and performs root-cause analysis as needed to uncover data irregularities.
- Provide SQL, Python and other programming-specific technical guidance to other engineers and analysts to support continued learning and development throughout the organization. Support corporate research by designing and executing complex ad hoc queries as needed.
- Utilize version control systems such as Git as part of a CI/CD code pipeline, which includes data ingestion, transformation, orchestration, anomaly detection and metadata management.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the table structure of all critical databases and pipelines, serving as a liaison during key planning phases, which include technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Be largely self-directed and will provide extensive communication and documentation in support of their work.
- Demonstrated experience with self-directed work on large and complex problems.
What We’re Looking For.
Bachelor’s degree or greater in any of the following or similar areas: Data Science, Computer Science, Management Information Science, etc. Equivalent professional experience considered in lieu of a degree.
- 4+ years of data-centric programming experience as a software/data engineer, including at least one year of experience implementing data pipelines using modern tools.
- Software/data engineering experience with Python.
- Advanced SQL skills.
- Experience with modern data warehouse frameworks, tools and architectures.
- Basic understanding of statistical techniques and concepts.
- Innovative, creative and forward thinking; solutions-driven.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work alone or in teams as appropriate.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative, team environment.
- Experience communicating among multiple stakeholders and balancing multiple projects.
What You’ll Get.
As a SECU Data Engineer, you will also receive the following support and total rewards package: 2021 Benefits Guide
If you’re interested in a challenging and rewarding career, then SECU is for you!
We can’t wait to get to know you!
SECU is an Equal Opportunity Employer