We are a collaborative team of data architects, data engineers and business intelligence specialists. Our purpose is to provide internal colleagues with the data they need to make decisions that drive u-blox’s success. The data these colleagues need comes from many different sources, with many different formats, sizes and frequencies.
As an integral player in this team, you will concentrate on ingesting data from the several sources and preparing it for optimal storage, querying and analysis on our data platform in AWS. The variety and the volumes of data sources will be your greatest challenges. As you master these challenges, you will make a visible contribution to the organization.
The role can be located in Sgonico (Italy), Berlin or Hannover (Germany), Tampere or Espoo (Finland), Cambourne (UK)
- Deliver scalable ingestion processes to capture data from many different data sources
- Script data transformations in Apache Spark using PySpark on AWS EMR
- Orchestrate data processing pipelines using Apache Airflow on AWS
- Monitor, maintain and optimize ingestions, transformations and pipelines
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to ensure that their data’s meaning and value is preserved despite complex data transformations
Your Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering (applied science or similar)
- At least three years of experience transforming data with Spark
- At least three years of experience programming with Python
- At least three years of experience with CI/CD and DevOps in a software engineering team
- Confidence communicating in English
- An agile mindset, focused on delivering stakeholder value
- Experience optimizing AWS EMR
- Strong data modeling skills (3NF)
Why would you like working at u-blox? What are your perks?
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe.
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Up to 40% remote work
- Training and career growth opportunities
- Company bonus and Stock Option Plan
Good office location and attractive social benefits at each location.
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching this video !
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.