We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
About Intelligent Enterprise at SAP:
The Intelligent Enterprise - Innovation, Technology & Data (IE IDT) organization is responsible for driving the Data and Platform strategy for internal adaption within SAP. The organization's missions include data integration and distribution, operational reporting, data analysis and ML development and embedding. IE IDT works in collaboration with other functions to ensure the adoption of best practices and enable a scalable world-class data platform taking full advantage of the latest technological innovations. One of the key roles of IE IDT is also to ensure quality and consistency of the data to provide relevant and qualitative analyses. The data managed by IE IDT ranges from all the data generated by SAP within its various systems to various external data bought from other companies (3rd party data).
Our team and the profile we're looking for:
Our team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers (Infused Intelligence) is part of the IE IDT organization as a technology hub focused on artificial intelligence. We are working on advanced analytics, the acquisition & integration of external data and we are delivering Machine Learning/Big Data solutions in collaboration with colleagues from across SAP. At Infused Intelligence, we aim to develop a community around AI and Big Data technologies in order to democratize their usage at SAP.
We work on projects in all areas of SAP's business (sales, finance, product development, marketing, operations, services and human resources). This creates a wide variety of projects, but also requires great flexibility in order to be able to work with a wide variety of profiles and skill levels. Within the team, a Data Engineer has several responsibilities. These include data integration, project management, success measurement and creation and implementation of data processing algorithms. The offered position has a focus on data integration and pipelining with a solid understanding of software development, testing, and DevOps.
- Setting up data integration pipelines and managing different methods of data ingestion and data formats
- Developing complex data transformation scripts
- Conducting memory performance analysis and computational and optimization of data transformation processes
- Putting in place good big data practices to allow the project to be scalable
- Develop data ingestion and data quality related apps & models
- Drive quantitative/qualitative analyses of data sources and estimation of their added value
- Support the team's Data Scientists by sharing best practices
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge base on topic specific algorithms
- Participate in the continuous deployment and integration of processes
- Communicate results concisely and clearly to the technical and data community
- Solid knowledge in one or more of the following areas: data engineering, distributed computing, software development
- Experience working with large-scale databases
- Strong skills in Python, SQL and Apache Spark
- Understanding of ML / AI concepts
- Experience working with CI/CD tooling like Jenkins
- Experience working and developing solutions on Spark/Databricks is a plus
- Experience in Business Intelligence (BI) is a plus
- Knowledge of Full-stack development (Node.js, Java, React) is a plus
- Appetite for new technologies
- Fluent English, French appreciated
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 340719 | Work Area: Information Technology | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.