Role name and description
Senior Data Analyst - Data CoE Team in EY is responsible for providing key reporting and data management support to the Tax and Accounting practices which EY provides to its multinational clients.
Engagement Management Support (EMS) Services at GDS:
In the process of driving better margins through a sustainable approach, about 50% of the tasks that were performed by the Tax Practice Office teams have been classified as unique processes evolving to the creation of new work streams like PMO, CMO, COE – Tax & Data Service. At GDS EMS, we support the delivery of these process related services for various tax types within all Service Lines. The Data Management Office within EMS will manage country/region specific Data needs to engagements who deliver Tax services to clients and through central management, data analysis of both structured and unstructured data, build data products and models to extract valuable business insights.
- Strong understanding of standards and processes in any ERP systems in Finance module (SAP, Oracle etc.)
- Ability to break tax rules and analysis into business rules and prepare business mapping file/data mapping file.
- Understand the functioning of the engagement tools and client ERP systems involved in global service delivery
- Work with the EY tax teams and understand their current data requirements and fulfill their data needs
- Work on documenting the current process from the EY tax teams with process maps with details at Level 5
- Design thinking to develop standard processes and work with the business to implement the new processes
- Good communication skills to conduct trainings and process demos
- Publishing weekly reports to the leadership displaying the progress of the project
- Working knowledge of account reconciliations, reviewing TB, preparing fixed asset registers and posting entries into accounting systems
- Customer Experience: Should be able to drive Customer experience across all engagements he/she is managing
- Good to have data migration experience from different ERP systems into ONESOURCE system and vice versa
- Reporting escalations to the Manager and consulting on solutions before implementing
- Coaching and mentoring their team members
- Where skill gaps are identified, consulting and providing constructive feedback to the individual, the counselor (if it’s not them) and the Manager
- Team Utilization: Ensure Effective utilization of Resources
- Quality: Ensure zero errors and escalations for deliverables across all engagements he/she is managing. Ensure there is no rework.
- Absenteeism: Ensure no unauthorized Team/staff absenteeism
- Team Morale: Follow up on any issues and resolve them. Also ensure Attrition Less than company standard.
- People Growth: Ensure People upskilling and Badge Compliance.
- Reporting Health of the Business: Reports Health of the team to Manager and Leaders in the US along with other Business owners and Stakeholders.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree, preferably Finance, Commerce, Math, Computer Science, Engineering or Business Management
- Should have minimum 4+ years of corporate experience
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural and team environment
- Should have effective communication skills - both written and oral.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and structured thinking abilities
- Demonstrate strong Interpersonal, Automation and Analytical skills
- Demonstrate an eye for detail
- Be flexible and willing to adjust responsibilities to align with developing business needs
- Be proficient in Word/PowerPoint/Excel Macro/Visio - working knowledge of Advanced MS office and VBA Macro/Alteryx/Power Bi/Power Query/Power Automate/Azure Data Factory