Creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive Dojo
Dojo’s 150,000+ customers reflect the diversity of the UK High Street. Building teams with diverse backgrounds that are representative of the customer base which we serve is fundamental to creating innovative products at Dojo. Whoever you are, if you’re passionate about your work, curious, relentless and customer-obsessed, you have a place at Dojo.
We want everyone to be the best they can be throughout the recruitment process; if you require any additional adjustments please let us know.The role…
You will be part of our incredible Commercial Strategy team, teaming up with Commercial Managers to craft valuable insights that guide decision-making and shape innovative sales strategies. You will collaborate closely with our fantastic data analysts and analytics engineers to establish standardised metrics for assessing sales performance.
As the champion of a data-driven, test-and-learn approach to our sales initiatives, you will apply your scientific skills to identify challenges, create hypotheses, and conduct experiments and analyses to validate those hypotheses.
But that's not all—you will also shine as an expert mentor, enhancing data literacy within the Commercial team. Your impact will extend to improving performance outcomes through the clever use of data and technology. Get ready to raise the bar and make a real difference!What you will do…
What you will bring:
- Convert Business Needs Into Trackable Outcomes: Join us in the mission to transform business objectives into clear and trackable Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Insights & Measuring Impact: Dive into the world of sales channels' performance through customised self-serve explorations, ready-to-use dashboards, and insightful exploratory analyses.
- Explore & Discover: Take a deep dive into areas of potential risk or opportunity, providing valuable context to validate decisions within your team and with our business partners.
- Collaborate Across Teams: Be a key player across the organisation, identifying opportunities to enhance decision-making. Design and deliver solutions that make us sharper, faster, and more efficient.
Your technical experience…
- You’re comfortable dealing with uncertainty in supporting your team to unlock value across all sales channels.
- Bring Analytics to Life: Your understanding of descriptive and predictive analytical concepts isn't just theoretical—it's applied! You're on a mission to make an impact and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. You actively seek the right conversations to ensure your data analysis hits the mark, always focused on making a real business impact rather than just ticking off tasks.
- Your communication and facilitation skills are top-notch, and you've got a proven track record of building strong relationships with stakeholders.
- You’re pragmatic and know how to strike a balance between the commercial and the technical needs of a project.
- With strong communication and visualisation skills, you can make even the most complex topics engaging for diverse audiences.
- Your curiosity knows no bounds, and your hunger for continuous learning keeps you at the forefront of your game.
- Our specific tech stack: BigQuery, Databricks, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- You know how to lead and execute a BI project from requirements gathering to satisfactory delivery, communicating to your stakeholders proactively and organising resources.
- You’ve got demonstrable experience in developing data reporting and BI solutions in commercial environments.
- You know how to shape requirements and work productively to achieve impact.
- You’ve got a keen eye for detail and are renowned for having high standards in your work.
- You can capture people’s attention and explain complex ideas whether you’re presenting to a room full of senior leaders or writing documentation.
- SQL experience is required. Familiarity with an additional scripting language such as Python or R would be preferred, but not required.
We launched Dojo in 2019 to address business owners’ pain points across the UK. Since then, we’ve seen incredible growth as a scaling fintech, welcoming over 150,000 customers and growing the Dojo team to 1,000+ people across five locations. In that time, we’ve also introduced Dojo Virtual Queues & Bookings and the Dojo restaurant finder app, formerly known as WalkUp and loved by 1,000 restaurants and 750,000 diners.
Today, we work towards our mission to empower businesses to thrive in the Experience Economy by creating the tools and technology that turn transactions into meaningful relationships. For our business customers, that means fast funding, the fastest payments, smart integrations, and efficient virtual queues & bookings - all with instant insight across the board. For diners, that means getting seated at their favourite restaurants with just a couple of taps on the Dojo app. Whether it’s for busy business owners or hungry diners, every Dojo product is built to address real customer pain points by our dedicated teams in London, Bristol, Hull and Belfast.Our values
At Dojo, we’re curious
. We have an insatiable desire to learn and innovate. And we’re relentless
. We persevere even when it’s easier not to. But, we’re nothing without our customers, who drive everything we do. From day one, Dojo was built on real customer pain points and every one of us is customer-obsessed.
Our way of working
Dojo has adopted a set of shared principles with the aim of increasing in-person collaboration and amplifying our ‘Customer First’ values. We encourage our employees to meet in-person over virtual meetings, and our communication is mostly asynchronous. Unlike most other businesses, we are intentionally avoiding a rules-based approach, and each team is empowered to make the arrangements that work best for their success. The answer to every scenario which tests these principles is: We trust you to use your judgement responsibly, in the best interest of our customers.
Find out more about our benefits and what it’s like to work at Dojo at dojo.careers. Learn more about Life at Dojo on LinkedIn and Instagram.