As a start-up, we are working on a platform that makes ecological and social sustainability more transparent for society and thus want to finally clarify the question of which companies are really sustainable. We believe that transparency can contribute to a needed change in our economic system and are looking for people who live this vision just as we do.
We are currently looking for a Data Engineer/Scientist to further develop our business model. Help us with your skills and ideas to take the platform to a new level.Tasks
- Lead of Data Science
- Develop and implement automated data scraping processes to gather data from various sources including websites, APIs, and databases
- Clean, transform and validate data to ensure its quality and integrity
- Use statistical and machine learning techniques to analyze data and extract insights, especially using Natural Language Processing (NLP) technologies
- Contribute to the development of new data-relevant products and services
- Collaborate with us in order to develop and discuss new data-specific products for our business customers
- Stay up-to-date with the latest data scraping and analysis tools and technologies
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field such as computer science, mathematics, statistics, or equivalent experience
- Strong experience in data scraping and data analysis
- Strong programming skills (e.g., Python, R, SQL)
- Experience with web scraping libraries and frameworks (e.g., BeautifulSoup, Scrapy, Selenium)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to extract insights from data, especially natural language data
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience in backend development, specifically with Python and web frameworks such as FastAPI is a plus
- German language skills are a plus
- Passion for sustainability
- Creative freedom and the opportunity to actively shape a start-up with your own ideas and visions
- Financial security for at least 12 months
- A team that wants to make a difference - but also always keeps an eye on the fun of work
- 30 hours/week with flexible working hours and location - you can decide whether you want to work remotely, hybrid or on-site.
- Company shares upon founding
We (Niklas and Gabriel) are looking forward to you and a message with your CV + a few sentences about why you would like to work in the field of sustainability.