Our Internal Audit team aims to provide confidence to our clients and their stakeholders through the rigorous independent assessment of process and controls. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Financial Services market.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to support internal audit professionals in Financial services and Internal Audit. Ideally, candidates will have experience of working in assurance, risk and / or controls projects either as an internal auditor / advisor at a professional service firm and be comfortable with designing, planning and conducting analyses with multiple data sources.
Your key responsibilities
EY’s Internal Audit team works with clients to provide assurance that an organisation’s business activities are operating effectively in addressing these challenges. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Banking market.
Join us and you'll work on teams with responsibility for the overall execution of smaller projects and / or individual components of larger projects, under the guidance and direction of Managers, Directors and Partners. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory. As part of the Extended Assurance team you will;
Skills and attributes for success;
- Comfortable with numbers and with an inquisitive analytical mind
- Desire to improve business processes using code and data-driven methods
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn, including new technologies such as vendor products or programming languages
- Desire to assist and improve Banking & Capital Markets clients by leveraging big data, data analytics and AI
- Desire to build / develop a career in assisting Banking & Capital Markets clients underpinned by data-first decisions
- Ability to lead teams and deliver our solutions to meet client needs, preferably demonstrated in a professional services environment.
- Intellectual rigor / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered.
- Ability to operate with stakeholders / manage projects which potentially span all functions within client organisations.
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work and lead under pressure.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Technologically minded and actively keeping abreast of new developments in the use of analytics and AI within business
- Familiarity with data storage and management technologies, such as databases and SQL for querying and managing data, as well as services provided by the Cloud
- Experienced in at least one scripting language (VBA, Python, R etc) - preferably Python
- An understanding of general business processes, operational processes and process analysis
- Ability to integrate technologies that provided an end-to-end solution e.g. data collection to visualisation
- Experience in developing interactive visualisations using business intelligence e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire
Ideally you’ll also have
- Examples of where your analytical skills were used in a business-environment and the outcome of such an implementation
- Examples of how you have modelling business processes and a general view on which processes can be improved using suitable data-driven solutions
- Interest in reproducing and applying new analytical approaches
What we look for
We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated, professional and passionate about what they do. We want individuals who will further add to the continued success of our Financial Services Practice.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.