- Diverse and inclusive team committed to making a real difference
- Fixed term (12 months) full time role
- Based in Eveleigh, close to public transport
- Gain hands on exposure across the best practices in the Spatial area
Transport for NSW is delivering an unprecedented $72.2b investment into a truly game changing Future Transport strategy. We are also evolving, bringing together new and existing transport modes, cutting edge technologies and getting smarter at how we do it. We are changing to deliver more connected journeys, greater satisfaction and safer transport for our customers, both now and for the future.
The Customer Strategy & Technology division is focused on creating the future of mobility in NSW, and shaping a world-leading transport system for our customers and communities.
We have an opportunity for a Spatial Analyst to join us in the Technology Operations Team within the Customer Strategy and Technology division. In this role, you would be responsible assist in the specification, integration, coordination and control of customer information, ensuring the quality of the TfNSW Customer Information data set.
In this role, you would support the support Manager spatial data using spatial information systems and other databases across all modes of transport primarily for customer information purposes.
What you will be involved in
If successful, you will work to ensure standards for operational data and customer information are adhered to by both internal and external information providers. You would support effective and efficient functioning of the team by :
- Living the NSW Public Sector and organisational values to achieve outstanding outcomes for the organisation and customers.
- Monitor data provision against agreed contracts and KPIs to identify issues and assist with resolution of issues by information providers through agreed mechanisms.
- Provide advice on data management, processes, tools and systems, including recommendations for continual improvement through the monitoring of performance and usage trends.
- Support the team with prioritizing work and establish relationships with key stakeholders.
You are an experienced Geospatial professional with relevant tertiary and professional accounting qualifications or relevant experience. A solid experience/exposure to scheduling systems, data management would set you up for success. You are be a proactive, solution oriented professional who is a collaborator by nature with the ability to build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders both internally and externally. Knowledge/Understanding of Bus operations (network, route paths and stop locations) would be highly regarded
Want to know more?
Please click here to view a copy of the Role Description. For any enquiries, please email: Shefali.firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary and Benefits
Transport Grade 7 (106,086- 118,816) per annum plus superannuation and leave loading
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call/text or email the contact person for this role.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and address the questions in the application.
Close date: 11.59PM, Monday, 29th November 2021
All Transport workers are required to have:
- at least one dose of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine by 6 December 2021 and two doses by 7 February 2022; or
- an approved medical contraindication.
You will be required to show proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status or apply for a medical exemption prior to securing this role.