Principal Data Scientist
We are looking for a hard working genius to work on an amazingly innovative technology and advance our company to the next level. Not too much to ask right? OK, the genius is not a requirement but the hard work and experience is. This position will be vital to the long term success of the business. If you want an opportunity to really show your skills and bring something to the table this is it.
Location - This is a remote position that we are looking to hire in Switzerland. To qualify you must have an address and be eligible to work in Switzerland. We have a central office in San Diego, California (United States) as well as a group of remote employees in Mexico and we are looking to expand into Switzerland. As one of the first Swiss hires you must have a Swiss Pass or European Citizenship. All employees are currently and will continually be primarily work from home. There may be opportunities to travel and train in the United States and Mexico from time to time if the employee wants. Travel will not be a requirement only an option.
Flexibility - While we navigate the waters in starting a new company location in Switzerland a level of flexibility will be required.
- Until we get our entity set up (Sep/Oct 2021) we will need to first hire you as a contractor.
- We also need someone who can start within a reasonable time period (2-4 weeks). If you are currently in an extended work commitment that most likely will not work.
- Ideal hours would be 12pm - 8pm CET (Swiss time), 3am - 11am PST (California time) for proper working overlap and team interaction. For the on-boarding period (2-3 months) this will need to be strict and then after that we can be more flexible. Possibly 2-3 days strict schedule with 2 flexible.
Zeeto.io is looking for a Principal Data Scientist. We are looking for a “roll up your sleeves and do work” type of individual contributor. Ideally you have experience in startup environments where you have to do a lot yourself but still communicate everything to the team from the CEO down to Jr. members. This will not be a laid back manage a team type role. This will be a hands on position with a ton of influence and importance. You will do a lot, but you will also learn a lot and have a lot of support and encouragement as this is a vital piece of the business. This is the kind of role that can exponentially grow your skill set and your career.
The tech stack you will be working with is:
- Languages: Python, Java
- Data: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Snowflake, Kafka/Avro, S3
- Frameworks: AWS Sagemaker, Kubeflow, flask, Spring
- Cloud Technologies: AWS, CodePipeline, Lambda, Kubernetes, Microservices, Docker
- Libraries: Pandas, Scikit-Learn, XGBoost, Scipy, Numpy, etc
- VCS: Git/Github
- Scope project requirements and architecture. You will have a Data Science Phd consultant to bounce ideas of off as well as support from the Engineering Team.
- Successfully build out the project roadmap
- Diving in at key points to contribute technically (e.g., in data modeling/engineering/AI)
- Preparing/presenting final deliverables to internal stakeholders (CEO, COO, Director of Engineering) at project updates and final delivery
- Experience in design, researching, and deploying data products (specifically, machine learning pipelines/APIs, dashboards). Through these projects, you will have developed an experience in working with clients to scope out projects and in presenting your research and final deliverables.
- Phd/Masters preferred plus 5 years of experience, or Bachelors and 8+ years of experience in relevant fields.
- Experience in a startup/Entrepreneurial type environment.
- Communication Skills - This will be a remote position. We have all of the tools in place for constant communication (Zoom, Slack, etc.) but you must be willing and able to communicate with the team remotely. Ideally at least 5 hours in the PST 9am - 5pm timezone to ensure proper communication with the team.
- Machine learning algorithms
- Statistical modeling
- Data visualization
- Causal inference
- Working with various RDBMS (e.g., Postgres, MySQL) and distributed data systems (e.g., Spark, Hive)
- Data infrastructure and systems
- Python engineering
- Cloud services (e.g., AWS)
- Client skills
- Client/project skills:
- Scoping project requirements
- Translating requirements into a project development roadmap
- Creating deliverables (e.g., decks, software, documentation)
- Leading project meetings
- Experience creating and explaining the differences of various machine learning models and when to use them.
- Participation in Kaggle competitions (and in this case, please let us know which ones and how well did you do!).
- Experience in ad-tech.
What Zeeto can offer you:
- Independence, growth, and learning. Your career will grow exponentially in your time at Zeeto.
- A chance to work with an amazing collaborative team yet be remote anywhere in the world.
- Tons of remote perks including virtual happy hours, games, workout sessions, all company meetings and more to come
- An open collaborative office/virtual office with a fun, hard-working, start-up vibe. You can be a huge part of the company while also learning a ton and growing your career.
- Great pay, benefits and work life balance.
- Step 1 - Apply
- Step 2 - After review from the hiring team if you meet the qualifications for this role we will ask you to complete a video recorded interview through a platform called SparkHire. This will be emailed and you will be asked approximately 10 brief questions to gauge your basic skill set, personality and your communication.
- Step 3 - If you pass portion two you will be asked to complete an extensive take home project. We will then go over that project during your interview with the team.
We understand that this interview process can be time consuming which is why we are listing it now. Are you up for the challenge?