We are excited to be hiring a Data Analyst to be part of our Global Risk & Security Data & Analytics team. This is a dynamic team within the Chief Data & Analytics Office division that is responsible for a wide range of analytics that enable risk leadership and other senior leaders across Vanguard to make risk-aware decisions. Our roadmap is broad and impactful. Come join a team that will invest in your career growth while making an impact on how risk is assessed and managed at Vanguard.
We are looking for an individual that is:
- Curious: You like to learn new things and are interested in the risk management space
- Passionate: You love analytics and feel personal ownership for the work you do
- Brave: You are comfortable in tackling an ever-changing suite of business problems with a broad range of stakeholders
- Open: You value and respect input from others
You should have:
- Established skill set in management presentation and communication
- Experience in leading projects and working with multiple stakeholders
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail and an ability to multitask
- High proficiency in data visualization; demonstrable experience in Tableau preferred
- Ability to leverage Python and the AWS suite for data manipulation preferred
- Engages with internal partners to understand business strategy, questions and goals. Brings structure to business requests, translates requirements into an analytical project approach, and leads projects through completion. Delegates tasks and provides tactical and strategic guidance to peers.
- Acquires and compiles structured and unstructured data and verifies its quality, accuracy and reasonableness.
- Performs analyses of historical data to surface trends and insights using advanced analytical methods. Validates analytical techniques employed by other analysts.
- Prepares and delivers visualizations and internal presentations that translate analytic insights into tangible, actionable solutions for business partners to implement.
- Develops, owns and manages recurring analytic or reporting processes.
- Mentors, coaches, trains, and develops junior data analysts. Proactively expands knowledge of business and analytics and shares with team members. Shares and documents best practices.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years related work experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.Inclusion Statement
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.