- Description:* Data Analytics Internal Audit / Compliance Associate The Associate Internal Audit/Compliance Data Analyst will be part of the Internal Audit team and work closely with the Compliance team to empower, design, and deliver analytics that increase the assurance of audits and regulatory controls, while also providing insight into the operating effectiveness of the control environment. In this role you will:
- Work alongside the Data Analytics Manager to design, execute and develop queries and/or reports used to support internal and external testing of business functions performed within the organization.
- Engage in product lifecycle walk-throughs for a majority of areas within the business to identify data from primary and secondary data sources that can be analyzed for trends and patterns.
- Present findings (oral or written) in the form of graphs, tables, charts and/or write-ups.
- Review existing code and/or report output to analyze effectiveness.
- Build and maintain skills related to technical issues such as data extraction, data file formats and structures, transporting data, merging files, and data manipulation and management (keys, indexing, normalization, etc.).
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of the existing software used for internal tracking of risk. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with audit and compliance teams along with business clients, identifying challenges by asking probing questions, and providing unprecedented insights through the effective analysis and interpretation of data.
- Skills:* Data analysis, sql server, sql queries, sas, python, snowflake, Analysis, internal control, internal audit, regulatory compliance
- Additional Skills & Qualifications:*
- Programming experience using database languages (SQL, SAS, Python, SNOWFLAKE, etc.) required
- Working knowledge of a reporting software for presenting datasets and/or creating dashboards is desired
- Ability to work with spreadsheets (Excel) and combine data from multiple sources
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical and logical thinking skills are required to interpret data and draw conclusions
- Industry experience in finance, banking, or a related field desired
- Regulatory and Compliance knowledge a plus
- Experience Level:* Intermediate Level
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless. Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit [AstonCarter.com.](AstonCarter.com) Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email [email@example.com](mailto:%firstname.lastname@example.org) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.