Do you want to develop, implement and productionalize advanced analytics solutions to deliver data-driven decisions for consumer actions, marketing effectiveness, inventory management, supply chain and dynamic pricing?
Join us at ECCO Advanced Analytics, located in Copenhagen, to help grow our analytics platform and become one of the main minds behind our future setup. Making your mark on machine learning engineering at ECCO, you will help strengthen the foundation for making data-driven decisions. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and a bias for action. Given a broad mandate to explore, experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
You will join highly skilled colleagues in ECCO Advanced Analytics. We lead our advanced analytics initiatives and capabilities in the ECCO Group and drive an ambitious strategy to generate unique and actionable consumer, market and value chain insights through data modelling, algorithms and advanced data analysis. You will report to the Data Scientist Team Lead and be working out of our office at Carlsberg byen in Copenhagen.
As Machine Learning (ML) Engineer, you will develop, implement and deploy complex automated production solutions, as well as grow and strengthen our Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) capabilities.
In this role, you will:
- Develop a data decision platform, e.g. for dynamic pricing, inventory management, marketing analytics, consumer analytics, demand sensing
- Collaborate closely with data scientists on MLOps activities, ranging from ML data management to training and deployment of ML models
- Develop and implement ML algorithms for real-world problems by using supervised, unsupervised, semi-unsupervised and re-enforcement learning
- Clean, prepare and synthesise data for use in descriptive analysis, predictive and prescriptive models using analytics engines such as Apache Spark
- Collaborate with data engineers on deploying ML solutions using infrastructure as code software tools such as Terraform and container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes and Docker
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
You are self-driven, resourceful and enjoy working in teams to solve challenges and develop the best solutions. With your creative can-do mindset and strong problem-solving skills, you can find opportunities for MLOps optimization and test the effectiveness of different models and courses of action. Moreover, we imagine that you:
- Hold a master’s degree or PhD in computer science, engineering or related fields
- Have experience in a quantitative role with a strong focus on ML engineering and computer science
- Exhibit exceptional numerical and statistical skills and enjoy applying ML to real-life challenges
- Have programming experience with at least one modern language such as Python, C++, Java, C# including object oriented design
- Have experience with MLOps and ML data management
- Have experience with distributed analytics engines such as Apache Spark, Databricks, as well as with container platform/orchestration systems such as Kubernetes & Docker
- Have experience with infrastructure as code software tools such as Terraform
- Are fluent in English and have solid communication skills
We offer a challenging and varied job in an entrepreneurial setting in an international organisation that is constantly developing. ECCO Advanced Analytics is a satellite start-up unit founded in Copenhagen in 2017, with a proven track record. We engage with ECCO’s entire value chain, ranging from tanneries, production, sales channels to our end-consumers. Our people are talented, resourceful and possess high-value personal qualities. Our environment is informal and international, and we value and foster cooperation, initiative, open innovation and new ideas. Work-life balance is key to us.
Your continued personal and professional development is essential to us, and we offer participation in internal and external courses, education and conferences supporting this development.
READY FOR YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE?
For additional information on this position, please contact Lead Data Scientist René Matzen, +45 2373 1012.
We will invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, so do not hesitate to apply through our site, enter.ecco.com. We will stop the search once the right candidate has shown up.
CREATE THE FOOTPRINTS OF TOMORROW
At ECCO, you become part of a meaningful, developing and multicultural workplace. You join a global family of more than 21,000 people who are proud to create the footprints of tomorrow.
Headquartered in Denmark, we are a family-owned company that offers international opportunities. Our offices and facilities have an informal culture and relaxed dress code – our shoe code is slightly stricter.
Join us and we guarantee lifelong learning – the speed of progress is up to you. So, if you’re curious, passionate and ready to make an impact, you’ll fit right in.