We are currently supporting a leading Swiss bank in Zurich, in their search for an experienced Big Data Analyst.
Overview of business area or project:
CCO CDO Strategic Data Initiatives has launched activities to implement processes to report a wide range of MI metrics for all locations of the bank. The activities will focus on the actual implementation of the solution on Palantir Foundry and Tableau.
- Design of processes by defining scope, responsibilities and timing of data provision
- Coordination with the local legal entities regarding data delivery
- Analysis of required and available data with regards to the agreed metrics
- Sourcing of the local Data feeds to a central data management system
- Design and Implementation of a technical solution for data transformation, aggregation and calculation of the metrics
Overview of the department / team:
- Being part of a highly motivated international team operating in a demanding global, multi-cultural and diverse environment
- A key role in the Strategic Data Initiatives and Transformation team, working with multiple partners across Business and IT to design and implement Target Operating Models towards effective data management transformation
- You will help drive strategic initiatives to accelerate regulatory and audit requirements and will support regulatory and audit data requests
- You will take responsibility to gather and analyze business requirements, to execute functional GAP analysis, and to support the translation of data policies, frameworks and standards into IT requirements
- Analysis (process flows, data, systems, sources, owners)
- Data sourcing (DDAs definition, data structures, data flows)
- Implementation of Palantir Pipelines to enrich and complement data
- Metric calculation implementation in Palantir
- Dashboard, report layout definition and implementation in Tableau
Skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years professional experience, ideally in the financial services industry
- Strong experience in ETL design and development, using Python, PySpark, or JAVA on Foundry (Palantir)
- Prior development experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview, etc.
- Your SQL queries skills are strong and you are able to analyze and report on large amounts of data
- You have strong analytical skills and problem solving capabilities, are able to use new technologies and tools to analyze and explain complex information, identify gaps and define next steps
- You have a high sense of responsibility and an independent working practice, showing initiative and a high level of reliability
- You are a positive minded and flexible individual, with a can-do attitude
- An understanding of financial products and transaction types would be an advantage as well as knowledge of banking processes, in particular within compliance functions
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English. German is an advantage
If this role excites you, and you feel you could take this next challenge in your career, then don’t hesitate to send your application.