What is the opportunity?
The Data Service Delivery, Securities Master File (SMF) team, is accountable and responsible for the accurate and timely daily collection, validation and dissemination of market data to support RBC Investor Services’ core products. The combination of our product suite and the downstream impact of our outputs create a unique and challenging function supporting RBC I&TS operational teams.
As the Data Analyst, you will ensure that all securities are set up and delivered to our various applications in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet our clients’ requirements. You will be responsible for the quality of the production delivery and respect of the deadlines.
What will you do?
- Provide a high level of service by responding to all client inquiries within a reasonable timeframe in order to maintain the company’s image and strengthen client retention
- Verify and confirm with vendor sources for any discrepancies in set up information
- Establish communication networks with all business units for the receipt of security set up data
- Set up various types of public and private securities (funds, bonds, money markets, etc.)
- Ensure that the end of day checking procedure for any same day requests are completed; and, existing procedures are followed and kept informed on all policies and compliance issues
- Review/monitor all set up issues to ensure timely follow up and resolution
- Act as a team player, participate in the team’s cross training activities, and provide coverage during staff absences
- Identify issues and problems and escalate immediately
What do you need to succeed?
- University degree
- 3+ years financial services experience
- Good knowledge of securities industry, PC and MS Excel skills
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Team player with strong verbal and written communications skills
- Canadian Securities Course designation
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Excellent exposure to communicate with various business partners and stakeholders in Investor & Treasury Services and within other platforms as appropriate
- Opportunity to obtain hands-on experience throughout your role
- Working with an exciting, close-knit, supportive & dynamic group
- Opportunity to collaborate with other business segments within the bank
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Competitive compensation
Address: 6880 Financial Drive
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Entry Level
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: PL10
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 06/22/2020
Req ID: 251103