The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
As a Data Engineer in GovTech’s Data Science & Artificial Intelligence Division, you will be involved in architecting, managing and running advanced analytics platforms starting with the setup of an organisation-wide visual analytics platform.
For this role, you will be part of the Data Analytics Readiness Team within GovTech, where you will help drive GovTech’s internal Data Transformation efforts. You will assist to establish and implement effective operational workflows, data pipelines, procedures and best practices in accordance with government infrastructure and security policies to ensure that the platforms are monitored, secure, available and reliable.
We are looking for an independent and motivated engineer who has experience in both small and large-scale analytics platform projects, and in building and maintaining the infrastructure.
What to Expect:
- Work together with vendors to deliver, provision, install and configure the cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS) to host Tableau Server and other advanced analytics platforms for performance, high reliability and security
- Play the role of a server admin for the various platforms to monitor and maintain overall server health to ensure performance and stability required to meet the needs of the organisation
- Collaborate with data stewards, data analysts and data scientists to build data pipelines from enterprise systems such as Workday to collect, clean, harmonise, merge and consolidate data sources
- Build data marts and data warehouse using modern cloud-built data architecture such as AWS redshift or Snowflake to provide secure and governed access to data for business users
- Oversee, and step in where necessary to work alongside with, the vendors who will be providing Facilities Management (FM) services to (but not limited to):
- Maintain and optimize servers and software
- Perform data backup and system security operations
- Patch and maintain servers and software
- Monitor and track usage of the server and software
- Performance tuning of server and software
- Ensure the managed platforms are secure, available and reliable and comply to government security requirements
How to Succeed:
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related disciplines
- Tableau Administrator certification is preferred
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of installation, configuration, hardening; and highlight relevant experience in performance tuning, troubleshooting of any visualization platform
- Experience in integrating platforms and systems via data pipelines to data and map sources
- Minimum 2 years of experience in IT Operations or technical deployment works is preferred
- Ability to write SQL for databases like Postgres, MongoDB, neo4j
- Prior experience with data engineering tools and frameworks like Airflow, Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Kubernetes
- Comfortable with DevOps tools like Docker, Git, Terraform
- Familiar with building and using CI/CD pipelines for platform development
- Understand LDAP, OAuth, API gateways
- Experience in government systems and government procurement processes will be a bonus