You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.Job Description:
This role involves the support of our data organization. The role will cover ETL support , Report support and data lake support. There are numerous technologies used by the team (SQL, Oracle, Crystal Reports, SSRS, LOGI, Tableau Informatica, SSIS etc..) so the candidate will have the opportunity to learn a wide range of skills. In addition to supporting these processes the role will involve creation of new processes, reports etc from time to time. The role will involve on call off hours support as part of a regular scheduled rotation.Preferred Skills
- Technically minded problem solver
- Basic engineering, system administration and software development (programming) foundation
- Ability to apply basic testing skills, tools/frameworks, techniques, processes and principles to software solutions in support of defect management and reporting
- Basic knowledge of performance testing coding best practices, and load and performance testing
- Familiarity with and ability to utilize multiple software development methodologies, processes, development best practices and DevOps principles
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to Communicate effectively with business partners
- Technical knowledge of ETL processes , reporting tools, etc.
- Ability to solve technical problems
- Some exposure to BI reporting tools like SSRS, Logi, Crystal reports is a plus
- Knowledge in SQL Server is a plus
- Exposure to latest technologies like Hadoop, R and Data Analytics is a plus but not essential
- Monitoring of our ETL processes and reports where necessary
- Troubleshooting failures in our production environment (with assistance until such a point where self sufficiency is attained.)
- Resolving issues and restarting production processes in a timely fashion (with assistance until such a point where self sufficiency is attained.)
- Dealing directly with our internal business partners to help get to the root of a reported problem.
- Providing detailed updates on work assignments to managers
If you are a Colorado resident, the minimum starting salary for this position will be $58,000 annually. Sun Life will consider various factors in determining the actual pay including your skills, qualifications and experience. This position is also eligible for a broad range of competitive benefits including a choice of company-subsidized medical plans, consisting of network-based plans and plans offering the freedom to go to any provider and two company-subsidized dental plans. We also provide company-paid Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance and Optional Life Insurance that you may purchase for additional coverage. We offer a very generous Paid Family & Medical Leave program, LTD and attractive vacation and sick time. We provide voluntary supplemental health programs such as Accident and Hospital insurance and Critical illness and Cancer insurance. Tax-advantaged accounts include Health Savings Accounts, Health Care and Dependent Care FSA accounts and Commuter Benefit accounts. Our 401(k) plan consists of a company match and employer sponsored contributions.
It is the policy of SLF U.S. that we will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles, and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered, without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex (including but not limited to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, or other legally protected status, and we will ensure that all employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
IT - Application DevelopmentPosting End Date: