FLYR is focused on the relentless application of advanced and intuitive technologies that help transportation leaders unlock their ultimate potential.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Revenue Operating System that reshapes how travel and transportation businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.Flight Itinerary (About The Role)
We’re looking for a talented Senior Data Engineer to join our leading-edge data engineering data platform services team. This team delights new customers throughout the onboarding process, applying innovative, best-in-class tools and workflows to build performant, reliable data ingestion pipelines. The Data Engineer will play a key role in ensuring our customers see rapid time-to-value, and will build creative technical solutions for new and complex problems.What Your Journey Will Look Like (Responsibilities)
What To Pack For This Trip (Qualifications)
- Complete complex customer ingest and data warehousing projects.
- Develop and implement best practices and standardised, repeatable processes for implementing enterprise-grade data transformation/ingest pipelines, with an eye toward scalability.
- Engage with customer implementation teams from data discovery, to ETL development to build complex data ingestion tools.
- Learn our customers’ business needs and apply business acumen to ensure success of highly technical projects.
- Collaborate closely with the FLYR Data Platform team to define tool requirements to support onboarding and ingest of new data sources.
- Provide mentorship and training to newer team members.
- This role has occasional on-call responsibilities and travel may be required.
- At least 5 years of experience as Data Engineer
- Quantitative work/education background (computer science or equivalent).
- Ability to ship production-quality Python code.
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing services, Airflow, DataFlow and BigQuery.
- Previous experience building and operating data transformation pipelines.
- Experience working with large-scale, complicated datasets.
- Experience with data warehouses, ETL automation, BI visualisation tools, and cloud-based data management tools.
- Advanced SQL. You know your way around analytical and aggregate functions, complex joins, window functions, and are confident in wrangling all types of data in SQL.
- Can identify impediments to customer onboarding and propose improvements to processes. Can work with Product, Data Science and Data Platform teams to define product and platform capabilities to improve customer onboarding.
- Ability to clearly communicate status, blockers, risks and dependencies to FLYR and customer stakeholders.
Our Commitment to Equality
- Regular employment contract
- Equity in Series C startup with high growth potential
- Flexible working hours
- Complimentary Breakfast/Lunch (in-office)
- Sports card
- Medical care
- Life Insurance
- Top-quality tech equipment
- Annual educational fund
- Linkedin Learning access
- English classes
- Many more!
Here at FLYR, we’re committed to growing with intention, having our teams better reflect the world around us. We strive to create an environment of inclusion and even more importantly, belonging, where psychological safety, empathy, and human connection are at the center of our leadership principles. Not only does this enable us to create better products and have a better work environment, it’s good for the bottom line and it’s the right thing to do.