Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
A requirement of this position is that you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank's vaccination policy; the Bank will provide accommodations as needed by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated because of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
We are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
About the Role:
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is looking for a motivated Data Scientist to work individually or with other Data Scientists to solve various business problems leveraging your skills in Data Analysis, Statistical Modeling, AI/ML, Natural Language Processing (NLP), etc. You will use your NLP skills to classify and summarize documents. You will support and deploy the related models, and work with others to integrate into other applications. As part of the role, you are expected to use prescribed guidelines and industry best practices to analyze problems and build the best model in collaboration with the business users.
- Provide the department and the organization with support in analyzing and presenting data using statistical analysis, data visualization techniques and best practices.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis to produce reports, assessments and proposals that will help organizational leaders make informed and data driven business decisions.
- Build end-to-end NLP systems from understanding the business problem, to selecting training dataset, to modeling, to evaluating, to delivering NLP models.
- Collaborate with experts in the organization to iteratively improve NLP models by seeking human insights from evaluation of models.
- Independently consult with business partners and internal/external functional experts to develop and maintain department dashboards/metrics.
- Develop queries, validate, and export data in various formats for department dashboards/metrics, automating the delivery where possible.
- Maintain an up-to-date perspective of tools, practices, industry standards, national trends, and System standards.
- Research national best practices for data analytics to make recommendations for our district.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure systems that connect internal data sets; create new data collection frameworks for structured and unstructured data.
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, computer science, statistics, or other related field of study.
- One to three years of professional experience in statistical data analyses.
- Skilled using common statistical and visualization software tools.
- Hands on programming skills in Java, Python, or Scala or other scripting language.
- Experience with business intelligence tooling such as Tableau, Sagemaker, Jupyter Notebook, SAS, Matlab.
- Knowledge of foundational data warehousing concepts, including structured and unstructured data.
- Hands on SQL experience obtaining data from data sources.
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above requirements.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
By federal law, this position requires that candidates fall within one of the following citizenship categories: (1) U.S. citizen, (2) U.S. national, (3) U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization, or (4) U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so.
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate’s experience and departmental needs.
The candidate selected will be required to pass a background check and pass financial disclosure review and credit check.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.