We believe that local businesses are essential to any growing society. SaltPay was founded in 2019 to create affordable, fast and secure payments and software solutions to help small and medium-sized businesses manage and grow their operations better. Taken for granted by banks and traditional service providers, small businesses have especially struggled to get access to the financial services and software they need. We exist to improve their lives and to help them grow by building products that serve their needs, or integrating with the best solutions we find in the marketplace.
We're outcome-driven entrepreneurs who emphasise energy over experience. Our number one priority is to deliver solutions that will allow our local businesses to thrive. Connecting and collaborating with a diverse group of talented teammates in an inclusive environment helps us achieve different results. We learn from each other every day, doing whatever is necessary to deliver the best outcomes for our customers. SaltPay is home to over 2,000 employees in 15offices across 20 countries, and our footprint keeps on growing. We are fully dedicated to serving more than 100,000 merchants across our network.
To be a Salter
These are some of the core principles of our culture:
- You like to work towards honest, inspiring, and challenging objectives;
- You want to create a tangible impact on the business;
- You have a competitive mindset and work to achieve the best possible outcomes;
- Kindness, humility, self-awareness, and candour are all part of your DNA;
- You are not afraid of taking risks, and you feel empowered by extreme ownership;
- You prioritise the team's success rather than your own;
- You're always striving to become a better version of yourself;
- Problems are learning opportunities;
- You're a dreamer, a thinker, and a doer - all in one;
Your team is part of the Analytics Vertical within a strong Central Data Domain aiming to democratise data-driven decisions across the company. The Domain facilitates everything from Data Engineering through Data Science and Data Analytics.
Your goal is simple: help us lead the rest of business with data. Based on the data that we gather, we want you to apply your knowledge, alongside your critical judgement to build a stronger, more effective customer-centric product, capable of pushing our customers (as well as SaltPay) to the next level, because we can only grow as much as our customers do.
Based on innovative technology, you'll work closely with different teams, contributing to excellent insights and predictive models that will lead us to an improved customer experience. Your mission is to onboard on our growth journey, becoming one of the faces responsible for the revolution in the payments sector!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the company with data to drive business solutions;
- Working on projects including but not limited to Product Analysis, Customer Activity and Churn, Customer Operations and more;
- Analysing external customer and internal business data and working with the teams across different countries to drive optimisation and improvement of our products;
- Enable data-science products through powerful visualisations and communication of insights;
- Promoting and building a Data Culture in the company;
- Working closely with Business Stakeholders as well as the Central Data Team.
- Background in a Business or Quantitative field (Economics, Accounting, Business Management, Computer Science, Mathematics etc.);
- 3+ years of professional working experience;
- Someone who thrives in developing innovative, state-of-the-art products that can meet and surpass the latest advances in the field;
- Proficiency in SQL and Tableau;
- Experience with Machine Learning and Python is beneficial;
- Understanding of ETL processes and data pipelines and the ability to work closely with Data Engineers for product implementation;
- Ability to communicate outcomes of Analysis to business stakeholders;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to think creatively and insightfully about business problems.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with AWS environment (SageMaker, S3, Redshift), Snowflake and Flask API is beneficial.
- Competitive salary and stock options;
- Physical and mental health support through our partnership with GymPass giving free access to over 1,500 gyms in the UK, 1-1 therapy, meditation sessions, digital fitness and nutrition apps;
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Health and Life Insurance;
- Pension Scheme;
- 25 days of Annual leave (+ Bank holidays);
- Possibility to travel to different offices around Europe;
- Professional development support through an L&D allowance to select courses that align with your career goals;
- Office snacks every day;
- Flexible working hours, as long it suits both you and your team.
SaltPay is a place for people who can challenge the status quo. People who believe they can make a difference in the world by participating in a business model designed to create a more balanced and fair market. More than experience, we believe in potential and that a human's learning ability is limitless. As long as you have the right mindset, can live by our values and that you genuinely want to learn and develop your skills and knowledge, then we have the career challenge you've been looking for right here. We pledge to put our people first, and above everything else, to create a challenging opportunity that will foster personal growth.
We're citizens of the world - SaltPay is an open and safe space for everyone, regardless of their story.
Please note that all supporting documents such as CV's must be in English.