Data Analyst RBS Customer Remediations
- 12 Month Secondment/FTA
- Through the delivery of quality analytics and insights, you will contribute to the management of the end-to-end governance framework to ensure products meet the standards to be manufactured and distributed to RBS customers, in a way that meets our customer’s needs and expectations
See yourself in the team
The RBS Controls & Customer Outcomes (CCO) Team drives enhancements to business practices and processes by sustaining a focus on controls and customer advocacy to deliver better outcomes for our customers, shareholders and the community.
We do this through our four strategic pillars of preventing, detecting and responding to issues and embedding and sustaining the change we make into the business we support.
Teams include the RBS Central Investigation & Remediation Team (CIRT), Control Testing and Validation team and Control Strategy and Optimisation team
CIRT ensures customers are fully refunded for any bank error, determines the root cause of issues and works with product teams to implement control mitigants by managing centralised remediation projects on behalf of RLT and uplift BAU remediation capability .
Do work that matters
On any given day you will manage specific deliverables and analytical tasks related to remediation, investigations and control report building and maintenance
This role will require you to utilise advanced analytical skills using analytical tools (e.g. SQL, Teradata, R) in conjunction with large data sets to enable business leaders to make better decisions.
More specifically you will
- Provide data expertise in support of Remediation activities which will include information gathering, data analysis, design and building of data models.
- Writing design/technical specification documents.
- Be a key participant in all activities of the program specific to the Remediation work stream under the direction of the Remediation Work stream Lead.
- Provide input to work stream plans and take responsibility for specific tasks in the plan.
- Responsible for identifying issues and risks specific to the Remediation Work stream and being aware of the program’s activities in their entirety so that risks and issues across work streams are identified and managed effectively.
- Work collaboratively with all resources involved in the Remediation work stream, including external consultants, Group Audit and RBS Legal to support their contributions for the success of the program.
- Works closely with the validation team ensuring they are engaged early and regularly throughout the work stream’s duration with the goal being successful first-time validation of the work stream’s activities
We want to hear from you if you have
- Prior experience in design and developing business data assets (preferably on Teradata).
- Teradata SQL skills, with a preferable knowledge of Teradata Control Framework (TCF)
- Experience with business analysis skills, high level & detailed solution design and implementation.
- The ability to think creatively, problem solve and present the finding to stakeholders is critical
- Experience in Agile methodology delivering data assets and BI solutions is preferable.
- Knowledge of Retail banking preferable
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 08/06/2020