Role#1: Asset Reference Data Services (ARDS)
is aligned to Security Service Operations (SSO) Organization, which is part of CIB Ops LOB. ARDS Team is responsible for is responsible for Operations of Instruments and Pricing Reference data & improving the quality, integrity and reliability of the firm's critical data related to Instruments, Issuer, Pricing and common reference data. The organization's objectives are to explain the path that critical data follows, improve data quality, reduce ambiguity and inconsistent terminology, enhance transparency, rationalize the number of replicated data assets, and improve firm wide- sharing of information and best practices. The CDO serves as the governing body to create firm wide standards that drive consistent data management practices, develop technologies and processes to support data management processes, partner with lines of business and functional groups to embed data management best practices and capabilities, and ensure sustainability by refining, measuring, and improving the firm's ability to manage data
Description of role, functions and activities
Asset Reference Data Services (ARDS) is aligned to Security Service Operations (SSO) Organization, which is part of CIB Ops LOB. ARDS team is responsible for Operations of Instruments and Pricing Reference data & improving the quality, integrity and reliability of the firm's critical data related to Instruments, Issuer, Pricing and common reference data. It is a centre of excellence providing a global Instruments and asset pricing Global service to Multiple Lines of Business (CIB, AM, WM, CCB, etc
Key Responsibilities and Skills:
Additional details & Qualifications
- Instruments Creation + Maintenance, and Pricing Reference data of all Marketable Assets classes like equities, fixed income, Listed Options, Mutual Funds, and non-Marketable derivatives, hedge funds etc.
- Asset Pricing of Marketable Instruments & Tradable assets like Alternatives, Private Equities, from multiple vendor sources like Bloomberg, S&P, ICE, Reuters, CITCO etc.
- Start of day price checks e.g. Variance, Missing and Stale control checks.
- Issuer and Broker Entity setup and maintenance.
- Proactive DQ Control Reports in a timely manner (daily, weekly, & monthly) within the SLA.
- Analyse all Issues & Errors, assess solutions and propose the same to Managers
- Perform Testing for any New Enhancements and Strategic Integration as part of Adoption
- Liaise with Instrument pricing vendor (Internal & External) to resolve issues and minimize risk.
- Monitor systems for related job success and resolve issues by working with technology teams
- Escalate all issues promptly and effectively to supervisor
- Contribute to ongoing developments of the pricing control process
- Lead Ad-hoc project work as directed by Managers
- 2-4 years of experience in Reference Data related roles
- Demonstrate an understanding in financial markets and well versed with various products e.g. stocks, bonds, options, structured products, OTC etc.
- Knowledge of industry activities - particularly Instruments and Pricing Ref Data, corporate actions, index benchmarking, stock markets and all asset classes.
- Instruments & Pricing vendor knowledge, i.e. Bloomberg, Reuters, ICE, etc.
- Advanced MS Office especially Excel skills, including pivot tables and v-look ups
- Mathematical mind-set demonstrating strong numerical skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and proactive with the proven ability to work accurately and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate within a team environment and interact across departments
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to bring the issues to the closure.
Role #2: Party Reference Data is responsible for timely and accurate completion of reference static data setup and maintenance across various LOBs and locations in Party Central system.
Reference Data Operations Analyst will be responsible for creating and maintaining party reference data, and ensuring data quality standards are met in various systems.
- Process request for party set up on various client systems
- Monitor failure queues, mailboxes and databases to ensure all items are cleared in a timely manner (same day)
- Modify customer information based on daily maintenance requests (address, tax identification number)
- Proactively communicate with Wholesale Bank and other line of business requesters to ensure creations and data amendments meet minimum standards
- Verify that corrections and modifications in data are fed to various systems
- Query various processing systems to ensure duplicate client accounts are not created and/or maintained
- Analyze and maintain all customer matches within a set of client identifiers and combine customers when necessary
- Create and maintain procedure documents and help drive control-centric environment
- Assist with training documents and training staff on new and revised processes
- Participate in UAT testing, pass/fail reporting, raising and tracking of defects and resolution
Experience, Skills, Education
- University Graduate.
- 4+ years' experience in financial services or related industries
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Good computer skills (knowledge in use of Macros / advanced Excel a plus.)
- Basic Knowledge or work experience in financial industry.
- Good Communication Skills (Verbal and Written)
- Good Analytical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Should be able to deliver as a part of the team.
- Analyze data sets to identity fact patterns, root causes, key drivers, etc
- Analyze processes and identify opportunities to improve efficiency and control
- Explain complex concepts in simple terms and create concise executive summaries
- Research issues, ask relevant questions, connect concepts, and make recommendations
- Work collaboratively in a matrixed environment
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years' experience in Operations with products, systems and credit
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.