Brooklyn, NY or Remote (Eastern time zone work hours)
StrongArm Technologies' mission is to keep the world's Industrial Athletes™ Proud, Protected, and Productive. We achieve this through our pioneering FUSE safety wearables and the actionable data they provide to individuals and management across numerous job types, industries and operating environments. Our Data Engineering team works to unlock this data to improve the lives of our end users, reduce workplace injuries, and reinvent workplace safety.
As a Data Engineer at StrongArm you will play a vital role in delivering key features and capabilities to our Safety Platform. You will be contributing to ETL pipeline development, working with data scientists to productionize algorithms, building out tooling and data warehousing capability for analysts, and innovating data platform capability to accommodate massive customer growth. As a member of the Data Engineering Team, you will have access to a massive dataset of IoT sensor data focused on improved workplace safety. You will be a key player in productionizing new features that deliver safety insights to improve the lives of the industrial athletes we serve.
In this role, you will be highly collaborative - with our Data Team, Product Team, and other engineering teams. Interpersonal skills and the ability to learn and act quickly are crucial to succeeding in this role.
The ideal candidate for this position has a background in a variety of data engineering systems including streaming systems, ETL, data warehousing, and statistical modeling, and is proficient in software engineering best practices. This individual will enjoy building and optimizing highly technical big data systems, keeping up with the latest tools and techniques, and collaborating with a small team. We are looking for a self-starter who has the desire to be the go-to person for data engineering in a fast-growing start-up making a tangible difference on working people's lives.
- Building a highly scalable system for ingesting, transforming, and enhancing trillions of data points
- Optimizing data pipelines for performance and scalability
- Work with data analysts to productionize queries and data in data warehouses, data lakes, and OLAP systems
- Partner with the Data Science team to investigate and implement advanced statistical models and machine learning pipelines
- Establish automated mechanisms to monitor and improve data integrity across all of StrongArm's Big Data sets.
- Be a contributor in defining a data engineering roadmap, and coordinating multiple projects.
KEY REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-2 years experience in data engineering, with emphasis on: stream processing, machine learning engineering, hadoop
- Architecting data pipelines and ETL with Apache Spark with terabytes of data and optimizing them to maximize resource utilization and throughput
- Experience with distributed data streaming frameworks like Spark Structured Streaming, Apache Flink, Kafka, etc
- Cloud architectural experience with emphasis on stream processing, serverless computing.
- Experience in either AWS or GCP.
- Experience with Kafka, Spark, Python, or analogous technologies.
- Experience with CICD, terraform, and unit testing.
- Experience with Databricks, delta lake and DBT is a plus.
StrongArm Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.