Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees) Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
The Data Scientist will use all available data from multiple sources to continuously build, update and verify instrument and test material performance. These data sets can span several projects and range from simple material qualification to complex assay development. Thorough and thoughtful analysis of these data is a critical function of product development. This position will be part of the assay development team. This individual will be a key contributor to the company's innovative clinical microbiology technology from concept to market and will help resolve quality issues through investigations working with R&D and Manufacturing Operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The candidate will be responsible for the development of algorithmic architectures for appropriate processing of image data provided from sensor drivers through the machine learning methods to the model of biological responses to antimicrobial exposure and reporting susceptibility measures (MIC, S/I/R, presence/absence of resistance phenotype, etc.)
- Work as part of a team of data scientists and software engineers on the development of algorithmic aspects of new diagnostic devices.
- Work independently on data munging and summarizing daily data streams for the perusal of team members.
- Use all available data to continuously build, update and verify the understanding of the instrument and material performance.
- Identify potential deficiencies in instrument performance.
- Design, initiate, and support projects to address identified potential performance deficiencies. Be able to support and defend scheduling urgency and prioritization.
- Identify and escalate any effects that cannot be explained by the current understanding of the instrument and its consumables.
- Maintain characteristic datasets and documentation that capture the current understanding of instrument data.
- Review all experiment data to confirm current views of characteristic trends, patterns, and the normal variability of collected measurements.
- Identify data-based criteria that would indicate if the objective of the project is achieved through experimental data for specific projects.
- Communicate with team members to get clear alignment on the criteria.
- Ensure timely updates by creating, presenting, and distributing data reports that effectively convey and visualize progress toward the project objectives.
- Perform statistical analysis and provide data summaries in support of clinical trials.
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (JMP, SPSS, SAS, etc.) is required.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with databases (SQL etc.) and scripting languages (e.g., MATLAB, R, Python) is required.
- Proficiency with high-level numerical modeling languages such as Matlab or Python and lower-level implementation languages such as C++.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with machine-learning techniques (e.g., artificial neural networks, clustering techniques, etc.).
- Ability to communicate data-based conclusions and summaries both among a team of experts and to diverse audiences.
- Be self-driven in creating personal goal setting, alignment with company goals, and time management.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Team player with passion and strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage key tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Drives cross-functional development tasks
- Familiarity and comfort operating within design controls are a plus.
- Remote working opportunities are a possibility with some travel.
- BS Mathematics, statistics, computer science, computational biology or B.S. in pure science with equivalent programming experience
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience; advanced education in lieu of experience may be considered
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.