A vacancy has arisen within the Security Operations team for a Data Scientist.
Working alongside a Security Analytics team; this role will gather, analyse, and interpret vast amounts of data from across the Security Operations function to help the Operations Management team make decisions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the services provided to our employees, passengers and stakeholders.
Security Operations consists of three main operational areas – Terminal 1, Terminal 2 and Vehicle Control Posts (VCP) and employs over 900 ASU team members. The remit of the Security function is to protect civil aviation from acts of unlawful interference and to fulfil Dublin Airport’s obligations under the National Civil Aviation Security Programme (NCASP) & associated EU regulations. The Irish Aviation Authority regulates security at the Airport and the Commission for Aviation Regulation establishes customer service targets for Security.
The role will report to the Head of Capacity Planning & Analytics.
- Lead in the development of a data driven approach across security operations, driving best practice approaches to embedding analytics across key business processes improving how decisions are made in resource and capacity planning, in the live operation and in providing a continuous feedback loop to drive operational excellence.
- Applying advanced analytical techniques to security operations data assets to unlock new sources of value to optimise resource planning, operational productivity and compliance metrics.
- Provide thought leadership and product ownership, working on all aspects of the design, development and delivery of analytics solutions, including problem definition, data exploration and visualization, building, evaluating and deploying models
- Performing deep dive analysis with a view to delivering opportunities for operational efficiencies, and improved customer & passenger experience
- Applying advanced analytics techniques such as predictive modelling, resource/roster planning optimisation, creating a 360 degree view of operational performance including what-if scenario analysis.
- Collaborate with the group IT analytics function to ensure all solutions are fully supported, operationally rosbust, leveraging central IT infrastructure and enterprise data assets.
- Work with fellow data scientists, business process engineers, business analysts and business subject matter experts to design and develop working data science solutions
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems with ambiguities and no obvious solutions
- Ensuring analytics is delivered and communicated in a way that is business-user friendly, easy to interpret, are operationally robust and are fully embedded in day to day operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Have at least 3+ year’s experience in an analytics role, dealing with large volumes of diverse data e.g. consumer, transactional or operational data manager level).
- Hold a relevant primary degree (preferably post-graduate qualification) in a relevant field of study - mathematics, computer science, statistics, operations research, etc
- Passionate about data science and using data to drive better business outcomes
- Experience building and deploying predictive models and segmentations
- Experience delivering analytical deep dives on key topics for the business
- The ability to think creatively and practically to develop effective methods and solutions to address them
- Proficiency with advanced analytics tools particularly R and Python
- Advanced SQL skills and expert proficiency with MS Excel & other MS Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and explain complex technical concepts and quantitative methods to a wide, non-technical audience
- Experience of Agile working methodologies is desirable
- Committed to daa values & Leadership Standard