The Moderation Engineering team’s mission is to protect job seekers from exposure to fraudulent activity on indeed.com. You’ll work closely with other data scientists, engineers, and product managers embedded on our small cross-functional team to build the tools that all Indeed products use to keep our platform safe.
As a Data Scientist at Indeed your role is to follow the data. Analyze, visualize, and build models using Indeed’s data to help keep job seekers safe.model job search related data. You will build and implement machine learning models to make timely decisions. You will have access to unparalleled resources within Indeed to grow and develop both personally and professionally.
We are looking for a mixture between a statistician, scientist, machine learning expert and engineer: someone who has passion for building and improving Internet-scale products informed by data. The ideal candidate understands human behavior and knows what to look for in the data.
Who You Are
- BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or a closely related quantitative field
- 3 years of professional industry experience in Data Science, Business Analytics, or Data Analysis
- Expertise in natural language processing, and deep learning, or reinforcement learning
- Passion to answer Product/Engineering questions with data
- Strong ability to code in Python
We get excited about candidates who:
- Have full stack experience in data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, productionization, and monitoring of data science products
- Are proficient in deep learning tools: Pytorch, Keras, Tensorflow
- Are proficient in small data modeling work: Python, R, Julia, Octave
- Are proficient in big data modeling work: Hadoop, Pig, Scala, Spark
- Can fish for data: Pandas, SQL,MongoDB
- Deploy data science solutions: Java, Python, C++
- Communicate concisely and persuasively with engineers and product managers
Who we are
We are a rapidly growing and highly-capable Engineering organization building the most popular job site on the planet. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore, Hyderabad, Dublin, Aberdeen and Vancouver, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job search at a time.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers. (*comScore Total Visits, March 2020)
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Salary Range Transparency
US Remote 130,000 - 156,000 USD per year
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies - https://www.indeed.com/legal/indeed-jobs