Data Scientist - Platform Engineering
About Ovative Group
Ovative Group is one of the only firms in the country uniting strategy, media, and measurement under on roof to drive enterprise results. Our teams work together to drive business impact for clients such as General Mills, United Healthcare, Lane Bryant, Facebook, and more. Recognized four consecutive years on Star Tribune's list of Top 150 Workplaces and the past two years on Inc. 5000's list of the fastest growing private companies in America, we pride ourselves in always overdelivering for our clients, our teams, and our communities.
About the Role
Digital Marketing is a critical part of every consumer journey, but many companies only measure its impact on their digital outcomes. Our focus on enterprise-level optimization at Ovative Group can't be found anywhere else, and our clients are household names that span multiple industries, including retail, healthcare, education, CPG, and hospitality. The Ovative Group Data Scientist position is an opportunity to take your next career step at a fast-growing company that has the highest standards for talent, fun, and client success. The ideal candidate demonstrates great critical thinking, sophisticated understanding of the data science landscape, familiarity with the marketing ecosystem and phenomenal communication skills. They are excited to play a pivotal role in helping Ovative continue our journey towards measuring and optimizing against the true enterprise impact of marketing dollars, ultimately unlocking powerful business results for our clients.
Responsibilities of a Platform Data Scientist:
- Design, develop, and deploy predictive analytics solutions (70%)
- Build machine learning components of our best-in-class measurement and attribution product, and partner with other development teams to move those components into production.
- Work with internal business teams to create and enhance the technical foundation of product offerings across our entire organization
- Execute and communicate client-specific analyses (30%)
- Drive ad hoc analytics consulting work including hierarchical clustering, A/B testing and related tasks.
- Grow into an ML Ops Subject Matter Expert for client partners and internal account stakeholders.
- Minimum 3 years professional data science or software engineering experience
- Experience building and deploying machine learning models in production setting
- Experience with production cloud environments (GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Proficient in OOP using Python (or similar languages)
- Solid understanding of software engineering concepts
- Understanding of statistics, including hypothesis testing
- Experience with streaming ETL processes
- Experience with a variety of data science algorithms
Benefits of working at Ovative Group
We provide strong, competitive, holistic benefits that understand the importance of your life inside and our of work
Culture matters and we've been recognized as a Top Workplace five-years running because of it. We demand trust and transparency from each other. We believe in doing the hard and complicated work others put off. We're open in communication and floor plan. We're flat- our interns sit next to VPs, our analysts work closely with senior leaders, and our CEO interacts with every single person daily. Put together, these elements help foster an environment where smart people support each other in performing to their highest potential.
Compensation and insurance:
We strive to hire and retain the best talent in the Twin Cities. Paying fair, competitive compensation, with a large bonus incentive, and phenomenal health insurance is an important part of this mix. We're rewarded fairly and when the company performs well, we all benefit.
Tangible amenities we enjoy:
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Free parking and on-site fitness center with locker rooms
- Sabbatical program
- Charitable giving via our time and a financial match program
- Shenanigan's Day
Working at Ovative won't be easy, but if you like getting your hands dirty, driving results, and being surrounded by the best talent, it'll be the most rewarding job you'll ever have. If you think you can make us better, we want to hear from you!