By Light is looking for for a savvy Data/ETL developer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The Developer will work with a team to build a New Data Platform on AWS Redshift. The Developer will be responsible for supporting the ingestion of data sources into a data lake and identifying and resolving issues with source data quality problems before committing to the Redshift Data warehouse. The developer should have experience in applying data science techniques such as machine learning, fuzzy logic and artificial intelligence to solve complex data quality issues. The developer must be comfortable with transforming data using visual tools as well as scripting solutions. They will also be responsible for creating the data sets required for reporting and dashboarding for Loan Processing. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The ideal candidate is an experienced data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems.#LGY
- Implement transformation to clean the source data, including the use of ETL tooling, scripting and data science techniques.
- Decompose data features into user stories
- Design technical solution for features
- Refine user stories into tasks
- Provide research and analysis on data sources in support of data discovery and requirements elicitation
- Monitor monthly data source replication and ETL jobs to ensure successful completion
- Work with the System Team on any deployment or compilation issues encountered during automated deployments
- Conduct periodic ETL data refreshes in Analytics preprod environment in support of QA and UAT
- Provide UAT support, triage, troubleshooting, and explanations
- Provide GitLab peer review and code merges
- Manage code merges and deployments to preprod in support of QA activities
- Expert level knowledge in building data warehouses
- Experience with AWS and developing lambda functions to support data curation, notification & monitoring programs (minimum: 3-4 years’ experience)
- Knowledge of Python (minimum: 3-4 years’ experience)
- Expert Level experience on RedShift (minimum: 3-4 years’ experience)
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience with Database technology, including index strategies, performance tuning and optimization and stored procedures. .
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- 2+ years’ experience in data modeling and database design including both relational and data mart/data warehouse database design, breadth and depth in established and emerging data technologies.
- Able to create standard common business vocabulary, express strategic data requirements, outline high level integrated designs to meet system and application- s strategy and business architecture.
- Able to work and communicate with Solution Architects, System Developers, Data Modelers, DBAs
- 2+ years expertise in the following sectors is required: housing and mortgage finance, Federal credit programs, and government benefit programs
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- 2-3 years of ETL/Data Engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of both the LGY business (mortgage and loans), OIT operations, and understanding of system development life cycle preferred
- Mortgage analytics experience desired
- Previous experience supporting dashboarding development desired
- Knowledge of Python, R, Open Source tools desired
- Experience presenting analytics results in clear and concise presentation, such as slides, memos, or reports.
- Knowledge of both the LGY business (mortgage and loans), OIT operations, and understanding of system development life cycle
- Experience with Sagemaker, TEnsor Flow
- Experience in implementing ML Ops
- Experience with Veteran Affairs is an advantage (current PIV/GFE enablement a plus