Purpose of Role
Responsible for performing data analysis, provide and communicate insights to various departments (including; risk, sales, accounting, compliance, dealing and operations), develop and implement database and data collection processes, design and deploy reports, dashboards and analytical systems that support evaluation of financial performance and drive business decisions.Principal Duties & Responsibilities
including but not limited to:
- Perform deep dive analysis on customer activity and behaviors, financial and trade data.
- Develop models helping different facets of the business utilize customer revenue data.
- Conduct research on methods, models and new technology.
- Design, prepare and distribute periodic analytics reports.
- Actively involved in implementing analytical processes and automation.
- Extract data from multiple sources, maintain and build databases and processes that are utilized for data analysis and reporting.
Critical Knowledge, Skills & Experience :
- Proven previous experience in a relevant role.
- Experience working/knowledge of R and/or Python.
- Have written complex SQL queries (T-SQL and Microsoft SQL Server preferred).
- Experience working with Excel skills including pivot tables and lookups.
- Familiarity with core statistical techniques such as significance testing, correlation, regression, distributions
- Data driven with the desire to learn and develop new skills/analytics techniques.
- Strong research skills; analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and understand complex financial products and system architecture.Universitydegree in Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Engineering/Quantitative Finance.
- Familiarity with different machine learning techniques and predictive modeling.
- Proficiency in ETL processes, tools and relational databases.
- Demonstrated experience using statistical, analytical and visualization skills to generate insights.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
- Location: London, UK
- Salary is up to £35k per annum commensurate with skills and experience.
Prior to submitting your resume, please do the following:
- ensure you are eligible to work in the UK (no sponsorship)
- review the FXCM website thoroughly
FXCM is an Equal Opportunities Employer