Who We Are
Provenir is a global fintech company with offices in New Jersey, San Francisco, London, Leeds, and Singapore. We are passionate about technology and helping businesses become industry leaders. As a leading provider of decisioning and analytics products for financial services and other industries, we empower businesses to create innovative, digital-first financial decisioning solutions that drive business growth.
What You’ll Do
The Provenir AI team is responsible for all things data, analytics, and ML/AI at Provenir . The team consists of Cloud Architects, Data Engineers, Software Engineers, Data Scientists, ML Engineers and Program Management specialists. It is our team's mission to disrupt longstanding players in the value chain by building a distributed AI/ML platform to drive best-in-class decisions. We have an excellent opportunity for a Data Engineer to design, build and operationalize large-scale data, AI and ML solutions and applications for Provenir. This role requires extensive hands-on development skills and deep technical expertise across the entire ETL process.
- Engineer data products to be used by the various services of the Provenir AI platform - including but not limited to the domains of credit risk, fraud, marketing and recommendation systems
- Manage and scale data pipelines from internal and external data sources to support new product launches and drive data quality across data products
- Responsible for the ETL processes required for the development of data and AI products
- Build and own the automation and monitoring frameworks that captures metrics and operational KPIs for data pipeline quality and performance
- Partner with internal teams and external partners to deliver new Provenir AI data capabilities
- Help in the contribution and construction of the product roadmap including design and testing of POC products
- Performing and documenting data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design
- Designing and building production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption
- Create functional/technical specifications to document design approach
Qualifications, Strengths and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience in SQL
- Extensive experience working with AWS with a strong understanding of Redshift, EMR, Athena, Aurora, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, S3, EC2, etc.
- Proven experience with coding languages like Python/Spark/Scala
- Exposure to large databases, BI applications, data quality and performance tuning
- Practical Knowledge of Linux or Unix shell scripting
- Experience leveraging CI/CD
- Solid understanding of Git and its proper usage within a decentralized software development team
- Conducting unit tests and developing database queries to analyze the effects and troubleshoot any issues
Provenir is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employees are our top priority, we offer comprehensive health and wellness plans. You will enjoy paid time off and company holidays, flexible and remote-friendly opportunities, and maternity/paternity leave along with retirement benefits to plan for your future.