ThreatMetrix®, A LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Company, provides an end-to-end platform for digital identity intelligence and trust decisioning. We instantly detect high-risk transactions and dynamically score them, enabling digital businesses to safely grow online revenue and personalize the digital experience for trusted customers. With ThreatMetrix, sales conversion rates rise and fewer customers get flagged for review. Fraud, security and payment operations run more efficiently. Operational costs decrease and, best of all, fraudsters often leave for greener pastures. We believe security doesn’t need to come at the expense of profitability. Security and fraud prevention simply needs to be better, not harder for legitimate customers. That’s profitability and security without compromise.
As a Data Scientist
, you’ll use global data from the largest real-time fraud detection platform to craft solutions for our enterprise customers. Your experience with data analysis, statistical modeling, and machine learning will lead to immediate real-world impact in the form of lower customer friction, reduced fraud losses and as a result, increased customer profitability. You’ll leverage a real- time platform analyzing billions of transactions per month for some of the largest companies operating in Financial Services, Insurance, e-Commerce, and On-Demand Services. These tools will allow you to attain a unique perspective of the Internet and every persona connected to it. On top of driving your own innovation projects, you’ll be continually collaborating with internal product and engineering teams, customer-facing account teams, and external business leaders and risk managers. The comprehensive models you build will go head-to-head against some of the most motivated attackers in the world to protect billions in revenue.Team Responsibilities
- Problem-Solving: Scope, plan and deliver customer focused projects including proof of values, go lives, model builds and optimisations
- Presentation: Clearly explain complex patterns of behavior using data and models in a simple manner to non-technical audiences
- Modelling: Develop and optimise models leveraging thousands of data points from the ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network and data feeds from our customers
- Statistics: Use statistics and creativity to extract possible risk indicators and trends from complex, sometimes unstructured data sources (including sensor data) and transform them into potential model features
- Customer focus: Demonstrate a professional and customer-centric persona when interacting directly with customers via phone, e-mail, and chat
- Innovation: Percentage of time dedicated to self-driven research. (Recent examples include design of a globally adopted genetic algorithm, feature engineering over cellphone sensor data, network analysis over UK banking industry)
- Collaborate: Collaboration with ThreatMetrix teams including Products, Engineering and your colleagues to continually redefine best practices and help shape and improve our new and existing products
London, UKWhat You’ll Be Doing
- Scope, develop, and implement machine learning or scorecard-based models following best practice, to banking model governance standards
- Use your strong knowledge of SQL and Python plus quantitative skills to define features that capture evolving fraudster behaviours – either directly or via the genuine customers they attempt to socially engineer
- Apply your curiosity and problem-solving skills to transform uncertainty into value-add opportunities
- Use your strong attention to detail and ability to craft a story through data, delivering industry-leading presentations for
external and executive audiences
- Leverage BI tools to identify and respond to anomalies and emerging industry trends (e.g. SuperSet, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Build an extensive knowledge of cybercrime – account takeover, scams, social engineering, Card Not Present (CNP) fraud, money laundering and mule fraud etc.
- Employ your multi-tasking and prioritisation skills to excel in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is the essential partner in the assessment of relationship risk. We help our customers solve difficult problems in the areas of Identity Assurance, Anti-Money Laundering/Counter Terrorist Financing and Customer Data Management. We are a fast-growing division of the RELX Group (REL). There is a lot of market opportunity. In particular for LexisNexis Risk Solutions the convergence of all types of relationship risk management is providing significant opportunity for future growth.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions, and RELX Group, are committed to being an equal opportunities employer. RELX group employs over 30000 people across 46 countries, serving 180 countries across the world and as a truly global organization, we value people of all cultures, nationalities, races, religions, ethnicities, regardless of characteristics such as gender, gender identity and/or expression, age, disability or sexual orientation. We welcome applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.