This is a remote position.
We are looking for a highly-skilled remote data engineer that has experience with scripting in Python to pull in and normalize data from multiple varying APIs. Candidates should have experience with Python scripting, working with databases, working within the AWS cloud data tools, and working with standard developer tools.
We are looking for a Senior Python Data Engineer; however, we're open to hiring an advanced mid-level engineer who is showing promising signs of being on their way to Senior.
At Curotec, you'll have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in a variety of environments ranging from fully in-house builds to embedding directly into our client's teams. Over time, you'll get exposure to many codebases, industries, and talented people all over the world just doing your day-to-day job. You'll also have the opportunity to be involved in the open-source community by attending conferences, contributing to open-source projects, and evangelizing for the developer community if that is something that interests you. Lastly, you'll find at Curotec that you get out what you put in and if you want to advance, the opportunity is always there.Job Duties
- Work with a team of data engineers and integration team leaders to create and maintain dozens of ETL scripts and data pipeline tooling.
- Monitor and debug issues with existing data integration scripts.
- Review API changes and adjust code accordingly.
- Document your development process and development components.
- Collaborate daily with the team to communicate your tasks, challenges, and progress.
- Raise the flag quickly to team leads when issues occur that fall on your plate.
- 5+ years of experience with Python and data engineering.
- 3+ years of experience with AWS cloud data tools.
- Must be able to work EDT business hours. 8am - 5pm New York time.
- Must be able to speak and write fluent English.
- Must be dedicated, passionate, and hard-working.
- Must be able to work with a team and collaborate remotely daily.
We are open to considering candidates with cloud experience outside of AWS. They must be open to learning AWS and can quickly comprehend how to navigate and leverage components within a different cloud platform.
- Experience leading the development and maintenance of large-scale ETL environments.
- Advanced experience with using Python to parse and normalize complex data sets.
- Solid working experience building APIs, including REST and SOAP.
- Experience parsing XML and JSON data.
- Experience working with flat file data imports.
- Ability to recognize and solve issues in a Python script.
- Experience with testing and debugging ETL integration issues.
- Active experience integrating custom code with 3rd party web services.
- Experience leading complicated data migrations.
- Hands-on experience with tools such as Git and Jira.
- Experience working in the AWS (Amazon Web Services) ecosystem, primarily data-related AWS products.
- Experience working within Agile development environments.
- Experience with database profiling and query optimization is a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Ability to grow and advance your career
- Attend virtual developer conferences
- Work on cutting edge and exciting projects