Full Time Role
Equal Opportunity Employer : All work authorization status accepted USC / Green Card / H1B / H4-EAD / GC EAD / OPT / CPT / L1 / TN Visa / E3 Visa
We are a Certified eVerify Company with STEM Extension capabilities, H1B Transfer, New H1B Sponsorship, Can file for Green Card
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Design, build and operationalize large scale enterprise data solutions and applications using one or more of AWS data and analytics services in combination with 3rd parties but not limited to S3, RedShift, Kinesis, Lambda, Glue etc.
- Analyze, re-architect and re-platform on-premise data warehouses to data platforms on AWS cloud using AWS.
- Perform detail assessments of current state data platforms and create an appropriate transition path to AWS cloud.
- Align closely with Enterprise partners in data science, architecture, governance, infrastructure, and security to apply standards and optimize production environments and practices.
- Collaborate with business owners to optimize data collection, storage and usage to maximize the value of information within supported systems.
- Translate business needs into data architecture solutions, designing and implementing in production environments within supported data systems.
- Implements data orchestration pipelines, data sourcing, cleansing, augmentation and quality control processes within supported data systems.
- Develops, tests and integrates new data features and functionality as defined by the product owners and business team
- Work closely with senior engineers to model, implement data pipelines that feed into or from data systems across our retail and digital business.
- Own the delivery of data modelling and data pipelines to the Data Marts layer from the Landing layer.
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Understand the Reporting requirements and design, develop and build supporting views, OLAP models and ETL processes required to support visualization.
Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline is preferred
Years of Job-Related Experience Required:
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- 1+ years developing solutions for AWS Quicksight or Visualizations on Data lake.
Technical/Other Skills Required:
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience in SQL
- Experience operating very large data warehouses or data lakes.
- Proven track record of applying data engineering for enabling business analytics (Merchandise, Operations, Finance, Inventory etc.)
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
- Proficient in AWS Redshift, S3, Glue, Athena
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Implement standardized, automated operational processes to deliver accurate and timely data for reporting to meet or exceed SLAs
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other Data Engineers for best practices on data engineering
- Show efficiency in handling data - tracking data lineage, ensuring data quality, and improving discoverability of data.
- Experience working directly with remote technical teams