2022 will be an important year for Victrex’ IT infrastructure, as it will see the start of a succession of major transformation and modernisation projects.
Here is a little more information on how you will contribute to the teams success!
Your areas of responsibilities shall include planning, organising, directing, innovating, budgeting, staffing etc. as well as meeting specific objectives within the job purpose.)
This role forms part of the IT department with specific responsibility for Business Intelligence. As part of this, the role has the following accountabilities:
- Responsible for every step of data flow
- Design, maintenance, and configuration of the data pipelines/platforms and sources
- Integration and validation of new software and technical solutions
- Stability, monitoring and performance of data pipelines
- Provide effective technical leadership to enable technical solutions to be appropriately delivered
- Work as a multi-agency team with our partners and business owners to identify and develop effective solutions that identifies and addresses data quality issues
- Provide support to existing business systems and BI via the Service Desk where appropriate
The role of Data Engineer requires experience in data management and data solutions that meet clearly defined business requirements. Proven experience with providing the organisation with a high degree of technical leadership that in turn delivers innovative and appropriate technical solutions. This role requires a broad knowledge of typical Enterprise IT solutions and data models within a Manufacturing and distribution environment.
As well as this:
- Strong background working with leading BI Tools (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), Power BI, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Factory, and associated platform.
- Advanced T-SQL Programming skills
- In-depth database knowledge of SQL and NoSQL
- Preferred skills in Python and/or R Programming
- Preferred Knowledge of Microsoft ERP product and data including D365.
- Experience working in structured project management environment such as AGILE, Kanban, PRINCE2 etc.
- Technical Leadership - understanding the business problem, challenging preconceived solutions, and looking ahead to future business model and technological landscape
- Self-Leadership - using initiative to improve and promote the Victrex technical architectural landscape and service provision
- Good attention to detail to address data anomalies and present findings to the business.
- Detailed knowledge of business Intelligence and analytic tools and methods
- Skilled in SQL Server database technologies, able to write and maintain T-SQL scripts.
- CRM knowledge
- ERP knowledge
Victrex values diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community.
Please talk to us about flexible working.
Salary dependent upon experience.
Interim Applications would be welcome.