As Canada's destination for the coolest tech, Best Buy offers one of the best work environments in the country! Annually recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, our culture is one of inclusion, recognition, innovation, and enjoyment.
At Best Buy, we are a diverse team of forward-thinking team-players with the ability to make an impact. Our voices are heard, acknowledged, and we inspire change. Our skills are nurtured, our well-being is supported, and our growth is encouraged. We are powered by passion: passion for our fields, our customers, and technology.
At our head office in beautiful Vancouver, BC, we practice a remote-first working model, leveraging in-person interactions for strategic, collaborative, and social purposes.
As a Data Engineer II you will…
- Touch base with customers to collect the requirements and analyze them
- Design and build end-to-end data pipelines to get the data for customers
- Deployment and postproduction support
- Understand the current codes, pipelines and scripts in production and fix the issues in case of incidents.
- Understanding and Building CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps to deliver our Azure Data Factory pipelines
- Analyzing and solving incidents in productive environment while avoiding data loss and minimizing service outages
- Challenging current practices, giving feedback to colleagues and encouraging software development best-practices to build the best solution for our users
The experience we need…
- 3+ years of full-time data engineering experience
- 3+ years of work experience with Azure and Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake and Notebooks
- Skilled in ETL/ELT process. Good working knowledge with ETL tools.
- Data migration experience from on premise to cloud
- Expertise in structured query language and PL/SQL
- Agile development experience
- Experienced in Powershell scripting for orchestration
- Exposure to log analytics and debugging
- Good knowledge in DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD) and testing techniques
We believe we have the unique opportunity to help customers enrich their lives and pursue their passions with the help of technology.
Join our amazing team!
We are looking for people just like you.