School of Materials Science and Engineering invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
The Research Fellow will work closely with AMDM collaborator Prof Buonassisi at SMART. This fast-paced, team-based research will enhance the Research Fellow's collaboration skills and leverage his/her hands-on, can-do attitude and priority-management skills.
- Develop applied machine-learning algorithms for predictive design of materials
- Develop experimental apparatus to experimentally validate predictions
- Design & conduct experiments
- Disseminate these in written and oral forms
- PhD in Materials Science, Physics, Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Experimental research experience in materials research and/or experience in machine learning applied to materials science (ideally both)
- Demonstrated research experience with functional materials
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team with clear communication skills and to develop own ideas
- Strong “can-do” attitude to transcend disciplinary boundaries, and ramp up quickly on best practices in new fields
- Efficient work habits, good time management, and ability to prioritize tasks are essential qualities
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
minimumYearsExperience : 1
[CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE WORK PASSES NEED NOT APPLY]