Ideal candidate will be a data engineer with a strong background in P&C insurance and hands-on experience of building large-scale cloud based distributed data systems. You are a self-starter who will lead a team and take ownership of your projects and deliver high-quality data-driven advanced analytics and machine learning applications. You are adept at solving diverse business problems by utilizing a variety of different tools, strategies, algorithms and programming languages.
- Collaborate and work with stakeholders to identify requirements for complex business problems that may be loosely defined
- Collaborate with a team of data scientists, data engineers and analysts with the aim of exploratory data discovery, design and development of advanced machine learning algorithms for solving complex business problems
- Collect and analyze data from diverse internal and external source systems and assess the effectiveness and accuracy of the data and data gathering techniques
- Design, develop, implement, and continually deliver data pipelines for distributed cloud-based technologies supporting data management initiatives across batch and streaming datasets
- Develop data models and algorithms to apply to data sets for normalization
- Work within multi-functional agile teams with end-to-end responsibility for product development and delivery
- Continually explore new ways of producing, processing, and analyzing data in order to gain insights
- Provide architectural support by building proof of concepts & prototypes
- Stay current with emerging technologies and industry trends
- Create different levels of abstractions of data depending on analytics needs.
- Hands on data preparation activities on complex business projects
- Implement discovery solutions for high speed data ingestion.
- Work closely with the Data leadership team to perform complex analytics and data preparation tasks.
- Sourcing data from multiple applications, profiling, cleansing and conforming to create master data sets for analytics use.
- Experience with Complex Data Parsing (Big Data Parser) and Natural Language Processing (NLP).
- Design solutions for managing highly complex business rules
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 3+ years’ core experience in core data engineering and/or data science role
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent
- Proficient in SQL and advanced data manipulation techniques
- Passion for quality software programming, data analytics and some knowledge of statistics
- Experienced with data processing in Amazon, Azure, or Google cloud platforms
- Knowledge of any commercial distribution like HortonWorks, Cloudera, DataBricks etc. a must
- Experienced in parallel, distributed systems such as hadoop and spark
- Experienced in high volume database technologies such as redshift, cassandra, etc.
- Experienced in very large data systems performance tuning concepts such as distribution, indexing, compression, clustering, sharding, etc.
- Experience developing predictive models and/or deep learning solutions using frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, CNTK, etc.
- Experienced in programming languages such as python, scala, PySpark etc
- Experienced using machine learning libraries for Python (scikit-learn, pandas, scipy, numpy, etc)
- Experienced in operating system command languages such as bash or ksh
- Experienced in development tools such as git and integrated development environments
- Familiarity with data science and analytic tool sets such as jupyter hub
- Familiarity with open source search platforms such as solr, tika, etc.
- Familiarity with JVM technologies such as jetty, tomcat, maven, etc
- Familiarity with web technologies and frameworks such as node.js, ruby
The position will be based in London and will be supporting our EMEA team.
We are open to discussing flexible working arrangements. This can be discussed with the Recruitment Business Partner managing this position.
Integrity. Client focus. Respect. Excellence. Teamwork
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We’re an ethical and honest company that’s wholly committed to its clients. A business that’s engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels. And a working environment that’s collaborative and supportive.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Chubb we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.