Virtua's legal department is seeking a full time Privacy Analyst
Virtua’s corporate office is located in Southern NJ less than 30 minutes from downtown Philadelphia, approximately one hour from some of NJ’s best beaches, and less than two hours from NYC and Baltimore. In addition to being a world class health system and employer, Virtua is ideally located to allow for the enjoyment of many wonderful sights, destinations and experiences.
Under the direction of the Director of Corporate Privacy, the Privacy Analyst supports all aspects of Virtua’s privacy program, including system-wide compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act’s (HIPAA) Privacy Rule and other privacy-related state and federal regulations.
- Assumes responsibility for the initial screening of, timely investigation, and triaging, as appropriate, of system-wide privacy matters. Conducts thorough and comprehensive investigations of privacy violation allegations, including data gathering, analyses, interviews, and report writing under the direction of the Director of Corporate Privacy.
Provides support to the Director of Corporate Privacy and Senior Privacy Analyst in meeting federal and state reporting requirements, including the Office for Civil Rights, regarding breach notification and follow-up investigations.
Coordinates with Legal, Human Resources, IT Security, Marketing, Security, Health Information Management, and other departments, as needed, during the privacy investigation and breach notification processes.
- Continuously improves the methodology(ies), policies, and procedures to maintain appropriate documentation for all privacy investigation activities, including a detailed log of all allegations, information related to affected parties, investigation details, and breach risk assessments.
- Conducts monitoring audits and investigations with respect to electronic health record access. Follows-up and resolves any identified issues. Maintains associated documentation.
- Serves as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, obtain advice, or report privacy violations.
Trains and educates employees on Virtua’s privacy program and related policies and procedures.
- Assists the Director of Corporate Privacy and Program Manager Privacy in conducting system-wide privacy risk assessments.
Position Qualifications Required:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the healthcare industry, including conducting investigations and trainings.
- Knowledge of HIPAA/HITECH, including breach notification protocol.
- Demonstrated excellence in conducting investigations and problem solving.
- Strong time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management across all functional areas.