About the Role:
Our Data Science team is experimenting, testing, and driving major insights that impact both a global network of clients and own Nielsen direction. As a Data Scientist you will be responsible for high-quality design, execution and delivery of global analytics solutions, performance dashboards, and analytical studies. Excited? Come join us!
Design, Execute and Deliver analytical studies extracting and utilizing data from multiple sources to identify new insights for internal teams.
- Prepare communications of study results for broad distribution to clients and internal teams through written and video media.
- Develop and maintain performance dashboards and web-based reporting tools.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to ensure the development and successful implementation of plans to address performance opportunities.
- Proactively identify potential risks to the data quality of analyses, assist in required investigations to ensure prompt and accurate resolution of potential issues.
- Communicate effectively with clients and internal stakeholders to ensure the quality of input data used in analyses, the understanding of results, and successful completion of follow-up actions.
- Maintain flexibility in working in a dynamic work environment where delivery schedules and priorities fluctuate according to client needs and external department demands.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the same location and in offices located globally.
- Recommend improvements in processes and procedures within the area of responsibility.
Strong Analytical and technical capabilities.
- Intermediate / Advanced in Python for Data Science.
- Proficient in Google workspace (Formerly G Suite) tools such as Sheets, Docs and etc.
- Proficient in Relational databases and SQL.
- Sound understanding and Knowledge of statistical concepts and tools.
- Ability to work in a virtual environment.
Experience in building and deploying applications on cloud platforms.
- Conceptual understanding of Machine Learning Algorithms.
- Proficiency in Atlassian Suite such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience in a version control system like Bitbucket / GitLab.
- Knowledge of dashboarding and visualization tools like Spotfire/Tableau.
Motivated, proactive, detail-oriented, and strong commitment to timely execution of tasks.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Organizational skills (Time management and prioritization)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to instill confidence with internal stakeholders and clients.
- Open to constructive feedback and readiness to adapt
About the Team:
Data Science is at the core of Nielsen’s business. Our team of researchers come from diverse disciplines and they drive innovation, new product ideation, experimental design and testing, complex analysis and delivery of data insights around the world. We support all International Media clients and are located where our clients are.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!